Home

2 years in the making of Next Gen...

This is a discussion on 2 years in the making of Next Gen... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #9
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2 years in the making of Next Gen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
To tell the truth, I blame the laziness of the development of the current-gen Madden series on the now, rushed project we may get for the 360. The jump in graphics and animations are going to be so huge from current-gen to next-gen simply because the current-gen was so far behind in both departments. If current-gen Madden made better strides with the player models and animations, there would'nt be so much to develope for the 360 version. Every other sports game, from NBA Live to 2K6 is a obvious port of the current gen, except the fact that those games were better developed and the leap is'nt that enormous compared to Madden. Tiburon had a lot of catching up to do and its showing.
sorry to bust your bubble but live is not a direct port, only 2k6 thats how they can get all the same modes they have now, so all you are basically are paying for is rehashed crap, so with that said, you can honestly tell were they were focused on, but look at it this way, they have a foundation and a very good one, all we know is, it is just gonna get better, oh yeah laziness goes for 2k series too as well this year with next-gen
Old 10-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
sorry to bust your bubble but live is not a direct port, only 2k6 thats how they can get all the same modes they have now, so all you are basically are paying for is rehashed crap, so with that said, you can honestly tell were they were focused on, but look at it this way, they have a foundation and a very good one, all we know is, it is just gonna get better, oh yeah laziness goes for 2k series too as well this year with next-gen
We'll FYI, 2K6 for the XBOX is the direct code for the 360 game. Which was a smart idea, because 2k6 plays a gr-8 game of SIMULATION BASKETBALL...

I personally am looking forward to 2K6 on 360.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:56 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

do you know anything about programming and what it takes to make a game ? I think we need a sticky just for you. That way you won't have to start a NEW thread every day about the animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
We'll FYI, 2K6 for the XBOX is the direct code for the 360 game. Which was a smart idea, because 2k6 plays a gr-8 game of SIMULATION BASKETBALL...
I agree wholeheartedly. By approaching the situation the way they did, they please the bulk of both the current and the soon-to-be next gen crowds. You could excuse Tiburon if they were making some attempt to really take the series forward, but it is EXTREMELY disappointing not to see anything even hinting at improved player interaction at this late stage in the game. Hey, at least they nailed the stadiums and the player faces... Given the news/vids we've seen to date, I think people realize it's not realistic to have high expectations for the game. Personally I think all the game has to be is somewhat competent and it'll get a pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »