Home

New madden hands on preview link inside gang tackling in

This is a discussion on New madden hands on preview link inside gang tackling in within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
New madden hands on preview link inside gang tackling in

http://xbox360.themanroom.com/news.php?id=960
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: New madden hands on preview link inside gang tackling in

Quote:
Originally Posted by qab14

Yeah but when they mention gang tackling is it what we mean conceptually when we think about gang tackling. For them gang tackling could simply be what's in current gen - the 2 player canned tackling, which for most of us here is not real gang tackling. I dunno. We'll see.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qab14
1 sentence amid pages of graphic upgrades doesn't inspire me with confidence in any new 'gang tackling' system. Last I check Madden had just enough gang tackling animations to add it to the feature list on the back of the box and just few enough that it never affected gameplay.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
During one play I horse collar tackled Warrick Dunn in spectacular fashion only to see him get up and run in for a touchdown. Since horse collar tackling was outlawed after the feature was built in it needs to be removed. Well the programmers had already turned off the effectiveness of the tackle but the animation remained – thus the comical “bug” touchdown that cost me that game. Because gameplay is still at the 75% complete level, other “bugs” such as overly fast cornerback catch-up runs to fleeing receivers and shoddy line blocking on certain running plays still need to and hopefully will be cleaned up.

The CB catch up and the shoddy line blocking DEFINATELY NEED to be cleaned up before release. If I see my WR out in front of a DB by 2 yds, let me throw the ball IN FRONT of him. That's the problem with current gen IMO. It kinda cheats for the DB. You can't throw the ball out in front of the WR and the DB always knocks it down.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The CB catch up and the shoddy line blocking DEFINATELY NEED to be cleaned up before release. If I see my WR out in front of a DB by 2 yds, let me throw the ball IN FRONT of him. That's the problem with current gen IMO. It kinda cheats for the DB. You can't throw the ball out in front of the WR and the DB always knocks it down.
Madden never seems to have gotten the hang of yards after catch for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Sounds good to me. This has to be the most a sports game has confused me. This game has definatly taken this board for a roller coaster ride,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Sounds good to me. This has to be the most a sports game has confused me. This game has definatly taken this board for a roller coaster ride,lol.

Yep. It's been too crazy. After today's screens there are not many complaints about screens, now the complaints are we want videos. It's pretty funny. In the gamespot dev interview that guy says 5k animations, other previews say 4k animations and others just say 3 x's the animations WTF LOL Who's right???
Old 10-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict515
1 sentence amid pages of graphic upgrades doesn't inspire me with confidence in any new 'gang tackling' system. Last I check Madden had just enough gang tackling animations to add it to the feature list on the back of the box and just few enough that it never affected gameplay.
Agreed. This is one of the biggest things that separates NCAA from Madden. Even though the bomb is overdone, it's refreshing to see a receiver respond appropriately to one-on-one coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »