Home

A.I. is complete junk...

This is a discussion on A.I. is complete junk... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A.I. is complete junk...

I know, not a revelation to many. But, the A.I. on this outdated game hit an all-time low for me. I'm the Cowboys playing the Broncos in O.T. I have the ball, third down on their thirty. I run a play and take it to their twenty-five. Wait, holding is called on my rookie tackle (Pettiti)! Wow, I'm thinking, great game, a real nail-biter!. So, the computer defense is given the option of accepting the holding call and making it third down for me, and of course putting me out of field goal range. Or, they can decline, make it fourth down for me from their twenty five, setting up my game winning field goal. This is SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME. The computer DECLINES the penalty. Freaking ridiculous. This is a simulation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: A.I. is complete junk...

who is your kicker? Jose Cortez???

Maybe they didn't have faith that he could hit the 42 yard field goal........

I know Cortez hasn't been too bad this season compared to when he was in SF, but I imagine he would still be rated in the 60s based on performances prior to 2005.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 10-14-2005, 03:27 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: A.I. is complete junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman08
I know, not a revelation to many. But, the A.I. on this outdated game hit an all-time low for me. I'm the Cowboys playing the Broncos in O.T. I have the ball, third down on their thirty. I run a play and take it to their twenty-five. Wait, holding is called on my rookie tackle (Pettiti)! Wow, I'm thinking, great game, a real nail-biter!. So, the computer defense is given the option of accepting the holding call and making it third down for me, and of course putting me out of field goal range. Or, they can decline, make it fourth down for me from their twenty five, setting up my game winning field goal. This is SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME. The computer DECLINES the penalty. Freaking ridiculous. This is a simulation?
Not that this is neary as worse as your story but i hate it when the cpu continually keeps their starters in a blowout. it will be 40-10 in the 4th and the CPU will have everyone of their starters in the game padding their stats and ruining my defensive stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »