Home

IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included.

This is a discussion on IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 03:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IGN concerned with EA's Xbox 360 lineup- Madden included.

Gamespot also suggests that many launch games might be half-baked come Nov 22nd.

"Recently, Allard has been quoted as saying that the first wave of games won't be top-quality, saying that developers cut corners and can be "sloppy" without final hardware throughout the whole development process. Of course, this goes without saying for almost every new system.

Sports fans should be happy to know that they've never seen anything that looked as good as the three games shown, as Madden NFL 06, NBA Live 06, and NBA 2K6 looked scary-good. When Raptors point guard and journeyman Mike James (Mike James!!) is instantly recognizable on the court, it's obvious that graphics have come a long way.

But if looks determined sports success, Anna Kournikova would be a billion-time Grand Slam champ. The two EA games look finger-lickin' good, and it appears as though that was the developers' main objective. Cutscenes, intros, and even menus all look spit-shined and incredibly presentable. But once the action began on the field/court, things dip down to junior-varsity level. Each game crashed at one point, and more than once, play was chunkier than Warren Sapp. NBA 2K6, on the other hand, felt more toned down through intros and menus, but once players began hooping it up, the game dazzled because of its smooth gameplay."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135603.html
Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 AM   #10
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

I wish EA would have held off on having their sports games as launch titles for the 360. They could have had 6-8 more months of devlopment time enstead of rushing these games out just to make a dollar.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:58 AM   #11
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU9399
I knew there was a reason why I was holding off on a 360 until the '07 sports lineup drops.

And i know i agree with you 99% im waiting for the 07 sports and to see which is better 360/PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Not suprised about any of this. We've been talking for about 6 months about how this whole thing felt rushed. Then again, most system launches have one or two really great games.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #13
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I think 90% of the launch titles will feel rushed in some way. History has shown us that when a new console debuts, there are alot of time restraints the devs are cursed with and the publishers will put a game out half baked for the money. This does'nt really suprise me.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Now people SHOULD understand why there is no superstar mode, no owner mode and some of the other things. They have to get what they can get done and have the game out the door.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Now people SHOULD understand why there is no superstar mode, no owner mode and some of the other things. They have to get what they can get done and have the game out the door.
VC is having everything in 2k6 NBA Xbox for 2k6 360.. Thats still no excuse.

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
VC is having everything in 2k6 NBA Xbox for 2k6 360.. Thats still no excuse.
and VC's hoop game is virtually the same game that is on current gen except for the pretty souped up graphics...Its the same game not a rebuild for the 360

On another note..Who cares about what VC did?..or what they are doing...its irrelevant from a football perspective. Owner mode, superstar mode and all that nonsense is a waste imo...I hope that mess never comes back
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »