Home

I Smell A Delay Comin' (Madden Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on I Smell A Delay Comin' (Madden Xbox 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I Smell A Delay Comin' (Madden Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Whats the big deal?

lol..people acting like that is a long time.

We wait 1 year all the time for a new madden to release..

Current Gen-2004

Current Gen-2005

Current Gen-2006

Next Gen-2007

I think EA should just wait so the game can be polished.

How do you know what state tyhe game is in..You haven't played it???!!!

Again...most/some of you are too far gone and far too easily swayed by vide, screenshots and media reports..None of that is worth very much because unless you are a developer and understnd all the logistical things that occur during the development of a game you really have no clue.

Comments like this are IMO completely ignorant from the standpoint that we really have nothing to judge or nothing to have a true reference point of where the game is or isn't. Alot of you seem to just have diarreah of the mouth and simply can't keep the media in perspective...be patient...keep your expectations in perspective and you will be able to make all these decisions in due time. Many of you seem to believe everything that is written then selectively discount the material that you don't feel is accutrate...As I mentioned we know nothing about the game at this point in terms of knowing what it plays like...We only know it looks great because the screenshots prove that much but that also can be quetioned...So..my point again is chill out...relax and let EA do what they need to do. The game will be fine unless you are still mad 2k will not be making a game or unless you were really, really looking forward to superstar mode and create a player mode and setting your hot dog prices.

Last edited by Mikejones1964; 10-14-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
How do you know what state tyhe game is in..You haven't played it???!!!

Again...most/some of you are too far gone and far too easily swayed by vide, screenshots and media reports..None of that is worth very much because unless you are a developer and understnd all the logistical things that occur during the development of a game you really have no clue.

Comments like this are IMO completely ignorant from the standpoint that we really have nothing to judge or nothing to have a true reference point of where the game is or isn't. Alot of you seem to just have diarreah of the mouth and simply can't keep the media in perspective...be patient...keep your expectations in perspective and you will be able to make all these decisions in due time.
Ignorant?

Na man....you misread my post.

All im saying is that EA should delay the game if there is still bugs in the game.We wait each year for an updated madden so why get mad if XBOX 360 version not released?

Im not impressed by Madden 360 gameplay wise..but visually I am impressed but I don't play Madden for visuals. From the videos I've seen it looks like the running animations for the players are a downgrade from Madden Curren Gen.NO WAY that should be the case. In the videos we have seen there was no actual momentum seen while the players were running.If this game is released with the same running animations seen then there is no point of getting this game because its STILL A DOWNGRADE FROM CURRENT GEN SMOOTHNESS.

Graphics can only do so much...............
Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Rookie

StillFunkyB's Arena

OVR: 3

GR got pushed back 4 months, and it was supposed to be a launch title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Ignorant?

Im not impressed by Madden 360 gameplay wise...

Graphics can only do so much...............
No disrespect intended but IMO very ignorant for anyone to get too hyped one way or the other on media...You haven't played the game have you???...So your saying that a few videos (3 min or less) and some screenshots is all you need to make up your mind on what you like or don't like???

hell the game isn't even outta the alpha build phase yet...what are you basing your opinion on???...Virtually nothing?

You are the perfect example of someone who relies too heavily on screens, movies and what someone else sais in an article...My point is all of that is and can be deceiving...You will only know for sure when you experience the game and how it plays.

Last edited by Mikejones1964; 10-14-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #13
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
No, it's Microsoft's call. If EA delays the game, Microsoft becomes unhappy and the relationship becomes strained. Right now, EA needs Microsoft more than Microsoft needs EA.
Um NO, It EA call, if EA wants to wait it's there call and there call only. I'm not sure if anyone told you, but Madden is THE ONLY NFL GAME ON THE MARKET, so microsoft is not going to riun anything with EA.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
GR got pushed back 4 months, and it was supposed to be a launch title.
The demand for Madden is alot higher than Ghost Recon. The game will be a launch title.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:04 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
You haven't played the game have you???...So your saying that a few videos (3 min or less) and some screenshots is all you need to make up your mind on what you like or don't like???

hell the game isn't even outta the alpha build phase yet...what are you basing your opinion on???...Virtually nothing?

You are the perfect example of someone who relies too heavily on screens, movies and what someone else sais in an article...My point is all of that is and can be deceiving...You will only know for sure when you experience the game and how it plays.
No...Im basing this off comparing NEXT GEN to CURRENT GEN in only the Animations and Flow of the game I've seen so far

I can tell by the videos that Madden Current Gen runs smoother than Next Gen. Look at the video of Packers vs Bucs Kickoff return.The returner was running the ball stiff as hell with no momentum while turning but in Current Gen you would actually see the momentum. Come on man thats not cool right there if EA downgrades running animations.

Im just being real man. Graphics wise the game is sick but based of the actual motion of the game its a DIFFERENT STORY.

I know im not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by deejay8595; 10-14-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yeah Deejay - who are you to be swayed by all the visual evidence and hands on reports? Don't you know it's better to cross your fingers and pray than depend on your lying eyes
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »