Home

Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007

This is a discussion on Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Are you going to pay for it? No, of course not. You'll complain about any price increase. Obviously you have no business sense whatsoever making a statement like that.
they payed for the nfl liscence. are we going to sit around and let them not let it be as accurate as it can be? ITS EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2005, 08:43 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
As long as the white guys have white faces, and the black guys have black faces, I really don't give a crap. Accurate player faces take a backset to accurate NFL gameplay for me.
this isnt super nintendo.

next gen should have both represented well.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:28 PM   #27
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
they payed for the nfl liscence. are we going to sit around and let them not let it be as accurate as it can be? ITS EA!
Exactly what does paying for the NFL license have to do with spending an insane amount of money to scan every single NFL player's face into the game? If you can't grasp the simple concept of a business, stop treating EA as if they are wrong to want to make a profit on their products. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. It's logistically impossible, and it's something you will never see done in a video game. ANY team sports video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Not to me. I'm not saying I'd want one over the other, but they are both important. I always hate it when people say, "well, this is minor, as long as we get great gameplay..." I get where you are coming from, but that doesn't mean authentic faces aren't important. No one wants to see amazing, lifelike graphics and player models, and then look at Steve McNair's face and he face looks so generic that it resembles my next door neighbor.
I agree with that somewhat, as long as the upper echelon players are well done, but the third string practice squad punter isn't really important. It is still just a video game, not real life. To me, gameplay is much more important, but I do see where you're coming from.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #28
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I know it's a video game, but just as you don't want shoddy gameplay, you don't want shoddy graphics, player models, faces, etc.

Make it the best you can, whatever aspect the game is.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:34 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I know it's a video game, but just as you don't want shoddy gameplay, you don't want shoddy graphics, player models, faces, etc.

Make it the best you can, whatever aspect the game is.
Exactly, some people say who cares about graphics when it all comes down to gameplay and to put all efforts on improving gameplay, but why not improve both?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:37 PM   #30
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I def. want them to improve the graphics and gameplay...but having accurate faces doesn't mean a whole lot to me. They do wear helmets. In basketball or baseball, I'd want accurate faces because you actually see the faces the entire time...football games, not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »