Home

Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007

This is a discussion on Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007

How about when all the players take thier Pictures for the roster before the NFL season starts EA also takes thier picture and scans the head of each player. Just have 2 booths set up where one is for NFL and one is for EA.That way every player can be scanned for 2007.

Im sure EA can do it...money wise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Idea...Way to scan all NFL players for Madden 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
How about when all the players take thier Pictures for the roster before the NFL season starts EA also takes thier picture and scans the head of each player. Just have 2 booths set up where one is for NFL and one is for EA.That way every player can be scanned for 2007.

Im sure EA can do it...money wise...
Hah, doesn't work like that. The photos are taken at each team's Preseason Media Day. In order for this to happen, EA would have to send 32 crews out to each individual team's media day to snap the photos and do the scans. And yes, most teams have media day all on the same day, so they WOULD have to have 32 different crews.

Sorry...not happening.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 31

LOL, did you seriously think the entire NFL gets in one huge line for photos?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:19 AM   #4
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

What I'm wondering is...let's say you didn't head scan...say...Ike Hilliard (or whoever who is known but not a STAR)...will he have his face in the game (just built/created by the artists, or will it be a generic face).

Also, does anyone know if they can ONLY make faces look believable by doing head scans, or is it just that the head scans truly help in the authenticity but aren't necessarily required?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

ehh.. l'd rather have everyone looks almost like themsleves, than to see 200 of the top players and then EVEEEEERYONE else looking like crap.

Its nextgen.. why cant they headscan , like there doing, but also just normal facial/pictorial scan the rest of the league... instead we get GENERIC FACES, in next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2005, 01:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
ehh.. l'd rather have everyone looks almost like themsleves, than to see 200 of the top players and then EVEEEEERYONE else looking like crap.

Its nextgen.. why cant they headscan , like there doing, but also just normal facial/pictorial scan the rest of the league... instead we get GENERIC FACES, in next gen.
i think at least every player rated 90 or above should be headscanned or something like that. every player should be headscanned.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:27 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
i think at least every player rated 90 or above should be headscanned or something like that. every player should be headscanned.
I would rather they concentrate on skill players. I could care less if Mark Tauscher has his head scanned for example. Perhaps his family would be crushed but I would rather have most if not all skilled players scanned. As far as the rating aspect I am not sure how that would work as most rookies should not fall in that rating category. You could have a bunch of washed up stars with their heads scanned and a bunch of new stars that are generic because they weren't originally rated high enough. Just a thought...thoughts
Old 10-15-2005, 01:45 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

They dont do headscans at all LMAO they use the Pictures that they have like the ones you see on espn.com. They use the mugshots and create the face that way with Maya, Photoshop or whatever they use.

They will have a predetermined amount of facial bones that they throw the picture onto.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »