Home

Gang Tackling?

This is a discussion on Gang Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Gang Tackling?

Why exactly does everyone glaze over this fact? I'm appalled that Madden 2006 still has a pathetic excuse for gangtackling, and now that more info is coming out about the Xbox360 version it doesn't look like they've tried to change that at all. Hello? You want to really change the game? Change gameplay? Have RBs who can break tackles and force the defense to get multiple hats on the ball, JUST LIKE REAL FOOTBALL. EA, you can even drop dirty uniforms and scanned in player faces and all this fancy flair you continue to add if you'd just add 1 of the most fundamental elements of real football to your game already. Its not like other people haven't managed to get it in their games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: Gang Tackling?

gang tackling is in!!!
http://xbox360.themanroom.com/news.php?id=960

read on, its about 3/4 into the article
"EA boasts there are over 3 times as many animations as were in any previous Madden game. The effect is obvious with far more variety on the field from ludicrous celebrations to gang tackling to blocking and everything in between."
Old 10-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
gang tackling is in!!!
http://xbox360.themanroom.com/news.php?id=960

read on, its about 3/4 into the article
"EA boasts there are over 3 times as many animations as were in any previous Madden game. The effect is obvious with far more variety on the field from ludicrous celebrations to gang tackling to blocking and everything in between."
I don't have high hopes. The existing incarnation of 'gang tackling' is poor and very limited, especially compared to 2k. If they really had some super hot gang tackling system, I would've thought we'd see at least 1 gang tackle in the videos. Wait and see I guess... I'm not expecting much though.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

It cant be the scripted gang tackling animations, thats just horrible.

I love the fact they say its hard to..the other company with way way way less money didnt seem to have a problem getting it down. I mean half tackles and sacks as well.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Like I said in that other thread there. In our minds when we talk about gang tackling it may be something different than what the writer of the preview has in mind when he thinks gang tackling. We need to see it in video to see if our conceptions of gang tackling are the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Like I said in that other thread there. In our minds when we talk about gang tackling it may be something different than what the writer of the preview has in mind when he thinks gang tackling. We need to see it in video to see if our conceptions of gang tackling are the same.
And by that you mean, how much did the previewer get handed by EA to gloss over how basic their gang tackling system is?

I just don't see the distinction. I want cool 1 on 1 tackling animations which Madden has some of. While that goes on, I want to be able to bring other players in and stop the running back from driving forward while being tackled. I want Bettis to run over CBs most of the time and force the defense to play as a team and get multiple hats on the ball.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict515
Why exactly does everyone glaze over this fact? I'm appalled that Madden 2006 still has a pathetic excuse for gangtackling, and now that more info is coming out about the Xbox360 version it doesn't look like they've tried to change that at all. Hello? You want to really change the game? Change gameplay? Have RBs who can break tackles and force the defense to get multiple hats on the ball, JUST LIKE REAL FOOTBALL. EA, you can even drop dirty uniforms and scanned in player faces and all this fancy flair you continue to add if you'd just add 1 of the most fundamental elements of real football to your game already. Its not like other people haven't managed to get it in their games.
I don't think that people HERE have glazed over that fact. There have been quite a few threads and posts that have expressed extreme disappointment at what appears to be a lack of mutiple player tackling. I think many of us here(myself included) naively thought that it would be a given that this would be in the first 360 madden. I don't need to state why we thought this.

It seems clear that this just isn't a high priority for most people that play Madden, i.e. all those folks that aren't on OS and other madden specific web sites. You see that the Vision Cone has been removed as a default option for the User. I would imagine that the casual-user majority spoke loud and clear about how they felt about that feature, and EA got the message.

The masses aren't clamoring for gang tackling yet, so they feel no pressure to make it happen. Another possibility is that maybe they just don't have people talented enough to get the job done right.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict515
And by that you mean, how much did the previewer get handed by EA to gloss over how basic their gang tackling system is?

I just don't see the distinction. I want cool 1 on 1 tackling animations which Madden has some of. While that goes on, I want to be able to bring other players in and stop the running back from driving forward while being tackled. I want Bettis to run over CBs most of the time and force the defense to play as a team and get multiple hats on the ball.

There is a distinction. In his mind gang tackling could be the current gen prescripted/canned 2 player animation. In our minds we could think what you are thinking.

Taking it further. We might have in our mind, ohhh real gang tackling would mean I do not have to WAIT for the RB to come out of an animation when he is being tackled by another defender, I can jump on while that defender is there too, UNLIKE current madden. He may think current madden does gang tackling well. But that's not what's in our minds when the word gang tackling is throw around. So yeah there could be a distinction and a big one at that. What he means by it in that preview we do not know. We do not know if he means current gen madden gang tackling OR what we visualize as real gang tackling. That's all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »