Home

I know Madden has gameplay issues, but..

This is a discussion on I know Madden has gameplay issues, but.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I know Madden has gameplay issues, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I doubt I'm a much better player. I don't play online but would guess I'm above average to good but not a great player. I just liked the speed of Madden 2005 on All-Madden much better. I really didn't think the CPU cheated on me at that level because I always felt All-Madden was terrible in prior years. The only reason I gave it a good chance was that TCrouch said in his impressions that he liked All-Madden the best and that it was different from the past. Usually I think its a testosterone thing for the so-called Madden experts. The passing game was a good challenge. I did tweak the sliders heavily though - I always boost my pass protection. However I'm on AA on NCAA 2006 and have no intention of moving to heisman.
Hmm. I've always prefered All-Pro (AA in NCAA) as a starting point because imo that was where the game played truest to the indiv. player ratings. To each his own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2005, 05:01 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I know Madden has gameplay issues, but..

The thing that rarely gets mentioned is the strength cheat on all-madden, and Heisman in NCAA. Its now much worse than the speed cheat. Whatever the strength rating for a player you might as well add 20 points to that number for the CPU teams. Tiburon has yet to realize that the highest level shoud be about advanced playcalling, schemes, and rapidity of adjustments by the CPU, and not super human attributes.

Maybe during this new generation the A.I. and the animations can advance to a level where they aren't so easily manipulated by the analog wizards or glitch shamans. Maybe then they won't have to resort to boosting ratings to provide a challenge.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »