Home

Blocking AI...This is what bothers me about the Madden series

This is a discussion on Blocking AI...This is what bothers me about the Madden series within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Blocking AI...This is what bothers me about the Madden series

I recall the 2k series having good blocking AI in that your lineman, fullback, or receivers actually would look for someone to block.

On running plays in Madden, the blocking away from the LOS sucks. I don't know how many times that I'd call a run to the outside and my fullback just runs right along with me and will not attempt to block the defender that is right in its face. I don't know how many times that I've had TE, G, of Tackle fire off the line and go straight up field without laying a finger not one defender. I shouldn't have to zigzag, bob and weave, just to set up my blocks every time. I hope this gets fixed in the next generation because madden is really weak in this area.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Blocking AI...This is what bothers me about the Madden series

hey man...you should know not to hate on EA...you are an EA ***** because your are voicing your opinion.[END SARCASM]
Old 10-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
hey man...you should know not to hate on EA...you are an EA ***** because your are voicing your opinion.[END SARCASM]
lol
Old 10-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I recall the 2k series having good blocking AI in that your lineman, fullback, or receivers actually would look for someone to block.

On running plays in Madden, the blocking away from the LOS sucks. I don't know how many times that I'd call a run to the outside and my fullback just runs right along with me and will not attempt to block the defender that is right in its face. I don't know how many times that I've had TE, G, of Tackle fire off the line and go straight up field without laying a finger not one defender. I shouldn't have to zigzag, bob and weave, just to set up my blocks every time. I hope this gets fixed in the next generation because madden is really weak in this area.
What it comes down to for me is that I can take guys missing a block or just not blocking a guy *I* think he should. But, many times in this game, I get just what you said - a lineman running downfield to no one, when a defender runs right by him. And dlinemen coming free untouched does happen on occassion in rl, but no where near the amount of times in Madden.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000

I have to agree with you on that. The blocking is atrocious. I love running to the outside only to have that side of the line release their blocks as soon as I get there.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

and a little birdy tells me that EA agrees and knows that its blocking is in dire need of a big change..lets hope that happens next gen
Old 10-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

dude blood you trippin...In 2k..if you took a dlinemen..put him right at the center guard gap..he'd shoot through and sack the qb..it sucked. the blocking was still better than Madden but it wasnt perfeck
Old 10-17-2005, 06:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
and a little birdy tells me that EA agrees and knows that its blocking is in dire need of a big change..lets hope that happens next gen
wish you would say the same about animations..*GEEKIN*...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »