Home

Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

This is a discussion on Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
well, that is good news.
details are good.. is any one else besides me worried about their headscans and that only a fraction of the league is accuratel depicted while others are looking like generic POC. lol.. I guess its a wait and see approach, and it wont hinder my purchase.. but its worth talking about, nontheless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #26
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
?????

I look forward to madden and I don't want no half assed game..SIMPLE AS THAT...

Madden is Madden and this is Next Gen so im really looking forward to all the new stuff but if 1 thing is great and the other is not then I will call it half assed.Lets hope I don't have to say that.

I just have a feeling that PS3 version is going to be sick...
deejay, what does "next gen" mean to you? You've repeatedly posted that statement. PS2 and Xbox were "next gen" also. Were you happy with that transition? I'd like to know what you expect from the upcoming hardware and software. It seems to me that your expectations might be a little too high, but I'd like to know what you're expecting, not just from Madden but from all games.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
May I second that motion
Old 10-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #28
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Deejay...

Are you playing on buying the 360 for Madden this year and this next year also getting the PS3 because you think Madden will be better on that system?
Old 10-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #29
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

In my latest game imformer mag, they say they were invited to EA's Tiburon facility and spent some time with the game.

In talking with the developer, the way the game is being created from the ground up, they said they could not bring things over like Owner mode, Storyline, Madden cards, create a team or create a playbook. They have to start over piece by piece and implement those things instead of pulling them over from the current systems. Their main focus was the engine for the game which they are hoping they can use for the next ten years. This engine that they built will also be the foundation for NCAA, NFL Street and Arena football.

Couple other details that seem cool:

-All stadiums newly rendered down to the specific seat and a full 3d crowd.

-face scans of a 150 players.

-11,000 mocap moves shot. Even if they existed they had to be redone for the new system.

-Seems like there will be a lot more transitional animations, like stiff arming a specific player as opposed to a general stiff arm. Better animations of a player doing a jog and going into a full run. Things along those lines.

Form the article it looks like they are putting most of their effort into the engine and will build from there. I really don't think they are rushing it out the door, probably too much to handle for what time allows. Will it be a little basic this year? Probably!

For myself, I rather have the effort put into the engine and get the core gameplay down right and implement the other material later. I kind of look at it like they approached MVP baseball. The first year was to get the engine down and working and then everything else followed. Majority of the people really enjoyed how that series turned out.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:00 PM   #30
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
This is why I am not getting a xbox360..I am waiting on the ps3 to get released and then make my choice based on the 2 consoles. I just don't have the cashflow to take a chance on the 360.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Deejay...

Are you playing on buying the 360 for Madden this year and this next year also getting the PS3 because you think Madden will be better on that system?
I love Madden and this is Next Gen so I won't miss out on the new generation of madden.

Madden and GTA are the only games I buy for the PS2 so since PS3 is comming out next year I will trade in my XBOX 360 for credit towards PS3 since that will have Madden and GTA.

I don't really buy alot of games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 09:20 PM   #32
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Madden wont be better on PS3 at all, not even the graphics.

Sony doesnt make the game, its EA. And the difference between graphics wont be from what we saw between ps2 and xbox. It will be alot closer considering they have the technology at the same time. Not like xbox, xbox had better graphics because there was different stuff around.

You realize the ps3 game will be a port of the 360 version right?, its just gonna be like this gen except the other way around.

So the ps3 game wont be sick...well unless the 360 version is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »