Home

Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

This is a discussion on Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

Madden 360
Anything you hear on Madden fan sites anymore is really negative concerning the new Madden.

Most people have learned to at least partially love the graphics, and they are looking sharp, but all these new animations and awesome things that are supposed to be in the game are not showing up.

EA has not released many clips showing off real gameplay that is long enough to get a good idea of things. Is EA afraid because they honestly covered up current gen gameplay with next gen graphics?

You've played Madden 360, how do you feel overall about the title?

Madden looks like it will deliver in some areas, but not in others. For instance, there is no create-a-player or create-a-team, and it doesn't have an owner mode. But, when you see the graphics, you see an amazing amount of detail and the player models and animations look unlike any videogame you've ever seen. The preview builds we've played are showing some slow controls and hitches in simple things, such as a lull in between the time you press pass and the time the pass actually happens. Some collision detection is very early, too. Lots of little things look like they need work, and it's worrisome to think the game is coming out so soon. Having said all that, EA assures us these things will all be ironed out for the final build and that they're totally aware of the issues, which are being fixed. We hear that all the time from publishers, and depending on the team and the publisher, it's mostly true.

I personally am feeling a little tentative about the game. Shouldn't this be the most awesome Madden ever? They have the exclusive license, and they're the most powerful publisher on the planet, and they've been doing this for years now. Why isn't it blowing us away? Part of its seems to be Microsoft's fault. MS was late giving out final dev kits (with beta kits coming in late, too), and part of it seems to be EA, which seems more stretched thin than ever. I'm 50-50% on the game, so I am still waiting to see a near-final and final build before I make final judgments. Hope that helps a little.

--Douglass

LINK= http://xbox.ign.com/mail

Last edited by NCHelix; 10-18-2005 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added Link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden 360 info in new Xbox IGN Mailbag.

Quote:
you see an amazing amount of detail and the player models and animations look unlike any videogame you've ever seen.
well, that is good news.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 AM   #3
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
I personally am feeling a little tentative about the game. Shouldn't this be the most awesome Madden ever? They have the exclusive license, and they're the most powerful publisher on the planet, and they've been doing this for years now. Why isn't it blowing us away?

and part of it seems to be EA, which seems more stretched thin than ever.
my feelings exactly. and don't give me the delay in dev kits and all that tech stuff. why would they put themselves in the position of not being able to get their hands on what they needed in plenty of time before the release? and why would they not have a fully staffed team? somewhat frustrating to know that all of this uncertainty will cost me about 500 bones.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:00 AM   #4
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. carraba
my feelings exactly. and don't give me the delay in dev kits and all that tech stuff. why would they put themselves in the position of not being able to get their hands on what they needed in plenty of time before the release? and why would they not have a fully staffed team? somewhat frustrating to know that all of this uncertainty will cost me about 500 bones.
Ummm... Madden 360 is only $59.99. Don't even start with "I'm spending hundreds of dollars on Madden this year."

Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #5
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Ummm... Madden 360 is only $59.99. Don't even start with "I'm spending hundreds of dollars on Madden this year."
haha. last time i checked the 360 costs 430 (including tax).

obviously its not EA's fault that ill have to buy the system as well as madden, but Im not blaming EA for that. i simply said its sad that consumers will have to pay 500 dollars for uncertainty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

If you don't understand what somebody means when they say it will cost them $500 you have issues. Given the fact the rest of the 360 library has nothing most people really really want as of launch.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:09 AM   #7
MVP

jpup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZ
If you don't understand what somebody means when they say it will cost them $500 you have issues. Given the fact the rest of the 360 library has nothing most people really really want as of launch.

Madden is down my list as far as most wanted launch games. I have a feeling that I am not the only one.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:59 AM   #8
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZ
So, Madden 06 is the only game they will ever play on the system? No? Then they aren't paying $500 for Madden 06. I have issues with that? No, a person spending $500 for a single game has issues. Nobody is forced to buy the system at launch. Your issue is that you have to have the newest thing and can't wait until the lineup is robust. Just because YOU can't show restraint, it doesn't mean that a single software company should be blamed for your shortcomings. It's not EA's fault someone is making a stupid decision to spend that kind of money for one game. The "uncertainty" is going to cost him $59.99 plus tax, not $500.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »