Home

ESPN license and no tv style presentation

This is a discussion on ESPN license and no tv style presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: ESPN license and no tv style presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
It is my understanding that the ESPN does not become effective until January 1, 2006. If this is true, that would be the reason why there is no ESPN presentation in this year's game. It will definitely be in the 2006 release of Madden.
No, but this year there's basically no presentation at all. You'd think that maybe they'd have some good stuff there year and then just replace the graphics and stuff with ESPN for next year.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think they are going in this direction mainly because of the amount of detail that is being put into the stadiums. Exact seating, 3d crowds, more animation.
They want to show it off.
Thats a good point, this year show of the engine, next year give it a name. Given ea's track record with "tv style presentation" I am still not convinced they can match 2k's style but i hope they can surpass it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
No, but this year there's basically no presentation at all. You'd think that maybe they'd have some good stuff there year and then just replace the graphics and stuff with ESPN for next year.
I understand what you are saying. I guess all the effort went into the new engine. I agree with you, though. I don't understand why the presentation was completely left out this year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2005, 10:23 PM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
Thats a good point, this year show of the engine, next year give it a name. Given ea's track record with "tv style presentation" I am still not convinced they can match 2k's style but i hope they can surpass it.
I am looking foward to this new style!

I am not a big fan of EA's current tv style presentation, I think it will be a nice change.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I am looking foward to this new style!

I am not a big fan of EA's current tv style presentation, I think it will be a nice change.
Anything will be better than their current style, replays in the playcall screen, and after using the same exact game intro for 3 straight years how do they change it for this year?...They just get rid of the whole intro and go right to the coin toss...at least they included some kind of intro in the next gen version.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:34 PM   #14
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
Anything will be better than their current style, replays in the playcall screen, and after using the same exact game intro for 3 straight years how do they change it for this year?...They just get rid of the whole intro and go right to the coin toss...at least they included some kind of intro in the next gen version.
They are going for that in your seat atmosphere at the game instead of the one on your couch. It would be cool if they showed all the pre-game stuff from the fans perspective in the seats. Maybe?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:48 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
They are going for that in your seat atmosphere at the game instead of the one on your couch. It would be cool if they showed all the pre-game stuff from the fans perspective in the seats. Maybe?
And how would ESPN presentation play to that? Personally I think it's more about the developer and their focus than the license itself. I can think of several sports games that have great presentation without an official license. It's an excuse. Having on the field type presentation makes sense, since they're focusing on real player voices/NFL personalities and whatnot. Guess we'll know in another month or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 05:10 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

You know what..EA makes some LAAAAAAAME excuses and some of you buy the BS hook, line and sinker. If they say there is no presentation because of no ESPN until 06..well.. umm..there were football games out there with GREAT presentation without or before they had the ESPN licence..this is yet another excuse from EA to cover up thier own shortcommings. When is it going to sink into some of you peoples heads that as big and powerful a game company they are, theyare still lazy. I dont care how much you love Madden, Live, Tiger woods, I like to play them all too but that still doesnt mean they arent a lazy company. They are lazy, get the wool off your eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »