Home

ESPN license and no tv style presentation

This is a discussion on ESPN license and no tv style presentation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #65
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: ESPN license and no tv style presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
You never know man....

Do the actual networks go in with the NFL LICENSE?

That would be crazy though to have 4 broadcasting teams working in the game.
No, they would have to be separate agreements with each network. EA already has the ABC/ESPN license. They would only need to get NBC and Fox on board.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
To those that ask, "why isn't EA using ESPN this year?" I reply "The ESPN license doesn't kick in until next year, that's when the presentation will change." That is fact. The quality is yet to be determined.
Agreed. My point was simply that improved presentation shouldn't be dependent on whether they have the ESPN license or not. If the gameplay lends itself to capturing the nuances of the sport, you can have great presentation. Look at MVP, for example. The ESPN license may benefit EA more from a marketing standpoint rather than tremendously enhancing it's games with fantastic presentation.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
no i don't think the other networks go in with the license,b/c after every fox or cbs game they say they give permission to the networks idk how they say it but they have the pic of jerry rice and then barry sanders running then the guy narrating sayin without permission, blah, blah

but that would be crazy, have the 2 best announcers from each network, fox, cbs, ESPN, NBC
LOL..yeah I know what your talking about.

Its not impossible though. I heard Xbox 360 and PS3 have different "CORES" to their system.Maybe they can devote 1 core to the commentary.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #68
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
LOL..yeah I know what your talking about.

Its not impossible though. I heard Xbox 360 and PS3 have different "CORES" to their system.Maybe they can devote 1 core to the commentary.
Uh... that's not really how it works, but it's defintely doable. It could be done on current hardware also.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 4

I started skipping stuff because of the mind-numbing back-n-forth stuff, so please forgive me if this has been addressed:

Maybe it's a bit of topic...

It's all about what the company decides to focus on IMO.

EA went the route this year of eliminating the presentation (current-gen) for whatever reason.

...but to me, ESPN has NOTHING to do with that. The Sega Sports presentation in games was "TV-like" back on the Dreamcast football.

My guess is that EA removed all things presentation, so that not only can it add the ESPN license next year, but it can add presentation PERIOD next year so that it stands out more.

If they had "TV-style" presentation this year with "EA" overlays all over the place, and then next year just changed the colors and letters to read "ESPN", it wouldn't be as big a marketing tool as if the had virtually NO presentation at all, and then next year come with not only presentation, but ESPN PRESENTATION.

IMO.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #70
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
I started skipping stuff because of the mind-numbing back-n-forth stuff, so please forgive me if this has been addressed:

Maybe it's a bit of topic...

It's all about what the company decides to focus on IMO.

EA went the route this year of eliminating the presentation (current-gen) for whatever reason.

...but to me, ESPN has NOTHING to do with that. The Sega Sports presentation in games was "TV-like" back on the Dreamcast football.

My guess is that EA removed all things presentation, so that not only can it add the ESPN license next year, but it can add presentation PERIOD next year so that it stands out more.

If they had "TV-style" presentation this year with "EA" overlays all over the place, and then next year just changed the colors and letters to read "ESPN", it wouldn't be as big a marketing tool as if the had virtually NO presentation at all, and then next year come with not only presentation, but ESPN PRESENTATION.

IMO.
you know what, you have a good point about on what the companie focuses on b/c before this one company having control, you can tell which dev. companies focused on presentation and everything in between, my point is EA the past two years have been lacking seriously in the presentation department, but i don't understand why they took it out this year, maybe they actually ran out of ideas and didn't want to do anything until they got the license or they didn't want to waste time doing it so they decided not to put it in, idk i can't wait for the espn presentation and i hope they take full advantage of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »