Home

When do you think The Media BLitz will Start??

This is a discussion on When do you think The Media BLitz will Start?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
When do you think The Media BLitz will Start??

I am pretty dissapointed in the coverage of Madden 360.. We really haven't seen anything. Yeah we have had previews from differen't sites but they are generally the same. We've had a few short videos and very few official screenshots. It's now Mid october and we don't really have anything. The game will be released next Month. When will the real stuff come out???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: When do you think The Media BLitz will Start??

When they're ready to really show it off i'm guessing we'll get a hefty dosage of media. It doesn't sound like they're really that close to finishing it yet and i'd prefer they waited until it was completely done before showing us it properly.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

You would think this game has to be done soon b/c It comes out either the 17 or the 22. There probaly about 2 weeks left of making this game. It takes about 2 -3 weeks to make copies of this games, so I am figuring we will have offical videos by the end of the month.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Pro

There doesnt need to be a media blitz. EA doesnt have to do a dang thing. The game doesnt even have to be good.

Its not like theres another option. EA can and will do what they want when they want. They dont need to generate hype. They dont need to show us anyting at all.

And we will all still buy it and make it a #1 hit in less than 24 hrs.
Minnesota Wild
Old 10-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
There doesnt need to be a media blitz. EA doesnt have to do a dang thing. The game doesnt even have to be good.

Its not like theres another option. EA can and will do what they want when they want. They dont need to generate hype. They dont need to show us anyting at all.

And we will all still buy it and make it a #1 hit in less than 24 hrs.
?????....but they have for the past 5-6 years on the internet...

What are you talking about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

All that they need to do is put a commercial on, no sound. It could just have

"MADDEN NFL 06
OUT FOR XBOX 360"

And it would sell like a million copies that day.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
?????....but they have for the past 5-6 years on the internet...

What are you talking about?

And this is the FIRST year there is NO other game to buy. Thats what Im talking about. They dont have to fire up their mass marketing machine anymore because they are not trying to outsell anyone anymore.

EA can not make one single TV commercial/ print ad/ or IGN infomercial for Madden 360 and it will still sell just as good as any other game they have made.

Im just trying to exlplain why I think you will not see marketing like in years past because its not needed anymore. We will all buy it. no matter what.
Minnesota Wild
Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
And this is the FIRST year there is NO other game to buy. Thats what Im talking about. They dont have to fire up their mass marketing machine anymore because they are not trying to outsell anyone anymore.

EA can not make one single TV commercial/ print ad/ or IGN infomercial for Madden 360 and it will still sell just as good as any other game they have made.

Im just trying to exlplain why I think you will not see marketing like in years past because its not needed anymore. We will all buy it. no matter what.
Dude..this is a brilliant point..I was just thinking..why do game makers put out videos, information, screenshots etc...TO COMPETE!! To make you feel their game is better than someone elses. Well..without someone to compete against..why in the world would they do that? THere simply is no reason..you have a bunch of disgruntle customers that will buy your game anyways...not bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »