Home

Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA?

This is a discussion on Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #17
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: Isnt next year ALWAYS the "break out year" for EA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Couldn't agree with you more. I think our difference is that I choose not to compromise my expectations based on EA's focus on marketshare. The reality is what it is - it's a business. But if McDonalds suddenly started using a lower grade of beef because it made better business sense to them, it'd be my perogative to eat elsewhere. And thus we come full circle back to the fact that there really isn't an alternative to turn to when we're talking about this particular situation with the NFL. I don't think people mean to beat a dead horse, it's just that so many of the things we try to discuss are inter-related. It's sometimes hard discussing one without giving perspective on the other.
But you can't buy a Big Mac anywhere else but McDonald's. The NFL is like the special sauce you like so much on the Big Mac. Or maybe the NFL is the bun. You have other choices, they just may not be the Big Mac, or the NFL in regards to Madden. Blitz is an alternative. The Take Two football game is an alternative. BTW, EA is not suddenly lowering the quality of its games, just not advancing them as fast as everybody would like.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't mind the back and forth so much but 2 things are said often that are just wrong.

First the classic "then don't buy the game if you hate it so much" argument needs to go. It never made sense so I thought it'd just fade away but many still want to hang onto it. Nothing is perfect and criticism isn't a bad thing. It's only bad to you b/c you disagree but that's no reason for you to get upset. I'm sure you could tell by the thread title what the tone was going to be but you chose to open, read and post anyway. If these posts upset you so much then don't read them. A much more plausable option when compared to someone else who loves football video games just not buy the one with the NFL license.

It also ignores the fact that many people love madden and are still frustrated that things they were complaining about years ago haven't been fixed yet. You're usually most passionate about flaws in the things you love than things you hate or are indifferent about. If I love 100 things in madden but hate the running game it would make me MORE upset if the running game wasn't fixed bc I don't want to sacrafice the 100 things I like just b/c they can't fix the one, even though the one is so big.

The other arguement is "you do have a choice, you can buy a football game, the NFL is just icing on the cake" which has similar issues. To many the NFL is not the icing but the cake itself. NCAA has always been a great game but many wouldn't think of buying it b/c of the lack of player names, player familiarity in many cases or just the fact that it's not the NFL and they can't try to take their favorite team to the superbowl. Some care about shoes and the color of their favorite teams jerseys, some are so hardcore that gameplay is all that matters and some care most about playing a game with NFL teams, NFL players, NFL coaches, etc. I'd say most of us are a combination of all 3 and it's not fair to say you can still get a football game if what that person wants is an NFL game. We've had tons of options for NFL football for years, not just football.

Using your analogy, football can be the burger and the nfl can be the special sauce but if you don't like burgers without that sauce then what are you left with? I can't eat anything at taco bell without the taco bell hot sauce. If they stopped making it I'd stop buying. If this is you then no, there are no alternatives. You can bitch about it which many have done in this case, but for the most part people are just accepting this is the game they will have to get for their NFL football fix and doing whatever they can to get the company to improve in other disappointing areas since they don't have a choice.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #19
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
but for the most part people are just accepting this is the game they will have to get for their NFL football fix and doing whatever they can to get the company to improve in other disappointing areas since they don't have a choice.

I dont see why this is hard to grasp for some people. They assume that we're all here to bitch and complain about the game for fun with no means of buying it. That is never the case. I would like to have a fun playing, next-gen football game with the assurance that everything will be in working order. To this day, we still haven't been assured that.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Good evening my kind fellows. It would like to begin by saying...hello..now that thats been done..shall we begin our discussion? I agree that we shall. Now to the point at hand. Electronic Arts and Tiburon's next installment..er ..installation of Jonathan Madden EA sports National Football League football. I can begin to evaluate this game by examining 3 critical areas of analysis. One..graphics, two..gameplay ie animations, interaction between players the overall feel or similation quality of play and lastly but most certainly not least..presentation.

By taking a critical like at these 3 afore mentioned criterium importanus we can begin to determine if Madden will be a good game or..how should i say...a bad one..now..to the topic at hand..first..graphics..The graphics in some images look stunning..in other images lack lusterment...but thats neither here nor there..from this I can sumise that we have yet to adhere to enough informatter that would allow us to come to an educated subjigation as it pertains to the quality of graphics..or how should I say..lack there of. Now..for the reasons for the lack of information..for this we can only deduce..or should I say..reduce our opinion to unsubstantiated informatter. Are they witholding information to avoid criticism..are they witholding information because they have nothing to present? I believe the latter but thats neither here nor there..

Uh hm...now..graphics..our second criterium of critical analysis...they must be improved...now..fourth on our list..gameplay...is the gameplay of simularistic qualtiy..sim qualty? I dont knowl..do you..

And criteria number 9..presentatoin..we wont know this until after the game is purchased which is too late..unless you take the game out..put a blank disc in box..re laminate it..and bring it back to the store ...that could work. ..but will it.?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Good evening my kind fellows. It would like to begin by saying...hello..now that thats been done..shall we begin our discussion? I agree that we shall. Now to the point at hand. Electronic Arts and Tiburon's next installment..er ..installation of Jonathan Madden EA sports National Football League football. I can begin to evaluate this game by examining 3 critical areas of analysis. One..graphics, two..gameplay ie animations, interaction between players the overall feel or similation quality of play and lastly but most certainly not least..presentation.

By taking a critical like at these 3 afore mentioned criterium importanus we can begin to determine if Madden will be a good game or..how should i say...a bad one..now..to the topic at hand..first..graphics..The graphics in some images look stunning..in other images lack lusterment...but thats neither here nor there..from this I can sumise that we have yet to adhere to enough informatter that would allow us to come to an educated subjigation as it pertains to the quality of graphics..or how should I say..lack there of. Now..for the reasons for the lack of information..for this we can only deduce..or should I say..reduce our opinion to unsubstantiated informatter. Are they witholding information to avoid criticism..are they witholding information because they have nothing to present? I believe the latter but thats neither here nor there..

Uh hm...now..graphics..our second criterium of critical analysis...they must be improved...now..fourth on our list..gameplay...is the gameplay of simularistic qualtiy..sim qualty? I dont knowl..do you..

And criteria number 9..presentatoin..we wont know this until after the game is purchased which is too late..unless you take the game out..put a blank disc in box..re laminate it..and bring it back to the store ...that could work. ..but will it.?
locked...flame war waiting to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »