Home

Good games but unrealistic

This is a discussion on Good games but unrealistic within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-20-2005, 04:02 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Good games but unrealistic

How do we get the CPU to run more? Every season i end up first in run defense and near the bottom in Pass defense, 1st in sacks and near the bottom in fumbles recovered, 1st in penalties. this is every year and i get the same things.

I use Playmaker's Level 2 All Pro sliders with extra help for the CPU RBA.

I am having great games and i really like the game. i am just wondering if anyone else is seeing some of this stuff. or is it just me?

Issues:

1). If i increase the CPU pass blocking pancakes will be off plus my defense will get shredded. I now have a 99, 94, 92 CBs. A 99 and 95 safties. And i still get torched sometimes. But i lead the league in Points Against as well.

2). I am seeing that i should turn off the CPU vision to improve accuracy. Well i just played Tom Brady with it still on. He was throwing darts to medicore receivers all game. Over 300 yards passing including a 52 second no timeout TD drive to tie the game. I almost broke the controller. Even when the CPU has a low % they still seem to be completing the big gains when my DB just stand there like an idiot. I have Dante Hall as a CB in my 7th season. he is a 94 rated CB or higher. he is my 2nd WR. he has 56 tackles which means he is getting beat a lot. he is supposed to be a shut down corner.

3). OL pass blocking - lead league in pancakes and sacks. there is no consistency. one minute my guard will drive a guy into the line and then next he will double team the tackle and the DE will sack me in a half a second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Good games but unrealistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
How do we get the CPU to run more? Every season i end up first in run defense and near the bottom in Pass defense, 1st in sacks and near the bottom in fumbles recovered, 1st in penalties. this is every year and i get the same things.

I use Playmaker's Level 2 All Pro sliders with extra help for the CPU RBA.

I am having great games and i really like the game. i am just wondering if anyone else is seeing some of this stuff. or is it just me?

Issues:

1). If i increase the CPU pass blocking pancakes will be off plus my defense will get shredded. I now have a 99, 94, 92 CBs. A 99 and 95 safties. And i still get torched sometimes. But i lead the league in Points Against as well.

2). I am seeing that i should turn off the CPU vision to improve accuracy. Well i just played Tom Brady with it still on. He was throwing darts to medicore receivers all game. Over 300 yards passing including a 52 second no timeout TD drive to tie the game. I almost broke the controller. Even when the CPU has a low % they still seem to be completing the big gains when my DB just stand there like an idiot. I have Dante Hall as a CB in my 7th season. he is a 94 rated CB or higher. he is my 2nd WR. he has 56 tackles which means he is getting beat a lot. he is supposed to be a shut down corner.

3). OL pass blocking - lead league in pancakes and sacks. there is no consistency. one minute my guard will drive a guy into the line and then next he will double team the tackle and the DE will sack me in a half a second.
1) Interesting cos I just cant get the cpu to pass properly at all, I use the read and react scheme on most defensive plays (after coverage , line and linebacker adjusts at line) .i.e on xbox - left trigger and right stick DOWN for run and left trigger right stick UP for pass immediately after snap....what dfence (human) settings you use ?

2) How on earth do you turn the cpu vision off and keep your own on?

3) Do you use the pre snap protection adjustments? eg playing against Miami I was almost always sliding protection to Taylor's side unless a blitz seemed to be coming from (my right) then spread it out instead--it helped only sacked once in that game,(which was my own fault).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »