Home

New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot

This is a discussion on New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 04:40 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot

and its comments like that which are so far out there that it simply screams that the person making it has a predisposition to not like the game and alterior motive no matter what the game really looks like.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #74
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Not excited much anymore, it would help if Gamespot would give non-members non crappy resolution movies.

My Blog
Old 10-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #75
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
Not excited much anymore, it would help if Gamespot would give non-members non crappy resolution movies.
LOL.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #76
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
Team Xbox has the exact same movies, in high quality, for free download. There is a thread on this forum with a link, I'm too lazy to find it myself though.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:58 PM   #77
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Take a look at his quote: Honestly, would you describe the game as disgusting? Honestly, was there any need for that last comment?
Of course I wouldn't, and I don't agree that the game itself is disgusting - current gen or next gen. But perhaps he's disgustED by a certain aspect, and simply didn't elaborate. My point in citing the NBA2K forum is still valid though. It's to the point here will you don't dare mention 2K, even when trying to make a point about how you'd like to see Tiburon handle a certain aspect of the game. MikeJones or someone else posts 2K fanboy/EA ***** in just about every thread he joins, even when there's no mention of 2K. All because you question a particular aspect of the game.

It's almost like there's a fear here of admitting Tiburon's faults and having a real dialogue about improving the game. Then again, maybe it's best there is no real discussion as such posts degenerate into mindless arguments in this forum. Either way, I was just pointing out how NBA2K is being held to a certain standard, rightly or wrongly. If there's a standard Madden is being held to, it's a low one where the game's direction is not to be questioned. Again, just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #78
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Of course I wouldn't, and I don't agree that the game itself is disgusting - current gen or next gen. But perhaps he's disgustED by a certain aspect, and simply didn't elaborate. My point in citing the NBA2K forum is still valid though. It's to the point here will you don't dare mention 2K, even when trying to make a point about how you'd like to see Tiburon handle a certain aspect of the game. MikeJones or someone else posts 2K fanboy/EA ***** in just about every thread he joins, even when there's no mention of 2K. All because you question a particular aspect of the game.

It's almost like there's a fear here of admitting Tiburon's faults and having a real dialogue about improving the game. Then again, maybe it's best there is no real discussion as such posts degenerate into mindless arguments in this forum. Either way, I was just pointing out how NBA2K is being held to a certain standard, rightly or wrongly. If there's a standard Madden is being held to, it's a low one where the game's direction is not to be questioned. Again, just my opinion.
He listed the things that he didn't like. It was the last comment that had no place in the Madden forum.

Comparison posts with 2k tend to imply that 2k was vastly superior to Madden in every way. That simply is not true. I would love a forum where the game's good and bad points are discussed without all the lame conspiracy theories and baseless attacks on the development teams and publishing companies. Even comparisons with other products would be great, but speculation that 2k would blow away Madden on 360 has absolutely no basis. Let's discuss facts and opinions without the garbage.

Precisely the problem. Madden isn't being held to a standard, it's being held to opinions of what people would like the perfect NFL simulation should. Even the next generation of console gaming is bringing disappointment because the expectations are too high. Only if we as a group came together and decided on a concrete standard of what an NFL football video game should be, could we hold Madden to anything more than it is.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
I guess LT trucks everyone!! Jamal Lewis juked everyone for 2,000 yds a couple of years ago. The RB has a vast array of moves and depending on what type of RB they are, they will use those abilities. For instance, some of LT's favorite moves are the sidestep juke, stiff arm, and the shoulder charge because he is a well balanced back, while on the other hand Jamal Lewis is a power back and he will shoulder charge and stiff arm you to the ground, let you get up and stiff arm u again...lol...thats how strong power backs are and when you play football in any grade, (moreso in high school) skills that u need to develop based on what type of player u are, are taught such as stiff arming, juking, hand eye coord, route running, balance drills, double moves for WR, etc. . Someone out there who has played football at any level will tell you that a stiff arm, or getting shook, or getting trucked or "flying off" is common if you are up against players with more talent more size, or just flat outbetter at using their abilities than you are, and the NFL is no different or else 1500 yd rushing seasons wouldnt be so common now as opposed to 10 yrs ago breaking 1,000yds in a season was awesome. The NFL has shifted Offensively because there is just alot of gifted offensive players, then it shifts again to a defensive league.
What you fail to recognize is that Madden's game engine does not take accurate physics in consideration like the one's produced by NaturalMotion. So the game is scripted to have certain animations occur when you engage in some animations.

When Jamal Lewis stiff arms a defender while he is running hard, i understand seeing a DB fall down. But when I see Willie Parker do the same thing, I cringe. Because Tiburon needs to sit down and give us gamers accurate physics in their next gen games. The consumers deserve it.

Don't give me next gen graphics but old gen gameplay. The way these running backs are cutting and barreling over defenders makes them look super human. EA, step up to the task and use a real physics-based engine. Not just strung-together, scripted animations.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:55 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
What you fail to recognize is that Madden's game engine does not take accurate physics in consideration like the one's produced by NaturalMotion. So the game is scripted to have certain animations occur when you engage in some animations.

When Jamal Lewis stiff arms a defender while he is running hard, i understand seeing a DB fall down. But when I see Willie Parker do the same thing, I cringe. Because Tiburon needs to sit down and give us gamers accurate physics in their next gen games. The consumers deserve it.

Don't give me next gen graphics but old gen gameplay. The way these running backs are cutting and barreling over defenders makes them look super human. EA, step up to the task and use a real physics-based engine. Not just strung-together, scripted animations.
I think we get it...Your not happy with the gameplay of a game you have yet to play...Looks like this will be a long season for ya w/o an football to enjoy.

If its not one thing to complain about it will be another...I'm not sure there is anyone or any company that can meet your lofty goals and expectations...Maybe its time to take up something else other than message board complaining? Although as a message board complainer you appear to have a bright future
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »