Home

New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot

This is a discussion on New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #81
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
What you fail to recognize is that Madden's game engine does not take accurate physics in consideration like the one's produced by NaturalMotion. So the game is scripted to have certain animations occur when you engage in some animations.

When Jamal Lewis stiff arms a defender while he is running hard, i understand seeing a DB fall down. But when I see Willie Parker do the same thing, I cringe. Because Tiburon needs to sit down and give us gamers accurate physics in their next gen games. The consumers deserve it.

Don't give me next gen graphics but old gen gameplay. The way these running backs are cutting and barreling over defenders makes them look super human. EA, step up to the task and use a real physics-based engine. Not just strung-together, scripted animations.
Remind me what game has ever incorporated NaturalMotion into its game engine. Oh that's right. Not one has.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 08:04 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
I'm not sure there is anyone or any company that can meet your lofty goals and expectations...Maybe its time to take up something else other than message board complaining? Although as a message board complainer you appear to have a bright future
I am into sports simulation gaming just like we all are on this forum and I demand a game of one of my favorite sports to be at the quality level of simulation as other games are in other sports. I am a big fan of the Winning Eleven soccer series, because those guys at Konami understand the sport and all of the intricacies and strategies. They understand physics, collisions, and make a mighty impressive game that is light years beyond what Madden is for football.

Even the developers of MVP Baseball (EA) have put together a baseball game way more advanced as a simulation than Madden is for football.

My point is that Tiburon is not providing enough for what the consumer deserves. You may or may not know it yet, but if you examine Madden 06 and compare it to real NFL football, it'll make you hurl that EA Kool-Aid you've been drinking all this time.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I am into sports simulation gaming just like we all are on this forum and I demand a game of one of my favorite sports to be at the quality level of simulation as other games are in other sports. I am a big fan of the Winning Eleven soccer series, because those guys at Konami understand the sport and all of the intricacies and strategies. They understand physics, collisions, and make a mighty impressive game that is light years beyond what Madden is for football.

Even the developers of MVP Baseball (EA) have put together a baseball game way more advanced as a simulation than Madden is for football.

My point is that Tiburon is not providing enough for what the consumer deserves. You may or may not know it yet, but if you examine Madden 06 and compare it to real NFL football, it'll make you hurl that EA Kool-Aid you've been drinking all this time.
Be sure to keep us posted on how your habitual whining and complaining helps improve gameplay quality....Thankis for all your help
Old 10-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #84
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Take any video game and compare it to the real life game, and every single one of them falls painfully short of the real thing. Even Winning Eleven.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Take any video game and compare it to the real life game, and every single one of them falls painfully short of the real thing. Even Winning Eleven.
I know i'm going up against the two biggest Madden fanboys in MikeJones and ObiWan but I am not saying the game should be exactly like real life, obviously it won't be, but what I'm saying is that with the money EA makes, why are other companies making better sports sims? Tiburon has a lot to work on. Yes, Winning Eleven is not exactly like real life, but it's way farther along simulating their sport than Madden is at simulating theirs. And that's the shame with EA, because they should be able to have the resources to deliver pure gaming bliss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #86
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
I know i'm going up against the two biggest Madden fanboys in MikeJones and ObiWan but I am not saying the game should be exactly like real life, obviously it won't be, but what I'm saying is that with the money EA makes, why are other companies making better sports sims? Tiburon has a lot to work on. Yes, Winning Eleven is not exactly like real life, but it's way farther along simulating their sport than Madden is at simulating theirs. And that's the shame with EA, because they should be able to have the resources to deliver pure gaming bliss.
I'm not a Madden fanboy. Your quote: but if you examine Madden 06 and compare it to real NFL football, it'll make you hurl that EA Kool-Aid you've been drinking all this time. The same could be said for Winning Eleven. Yes, I have played it and real life soccer. It's not even close to being realistic outside of being a video game.

Why isn't Tiburon changing? Because they are selling millions of copies a year of their game without changing. That's it in a nutshell.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #87
All Star

OVR: 32

Alright guys, this thread has run its course. It was supposed to be discussion of the new trailers, and now it's just a battle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »