Home

New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot

This is a discussion on New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: New Madden 360 Trailer @ GameSpot

That was the first video that's impressed me. I like.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #18
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
That was the first video that's impressed me. I like.
there are two vids... make sure you check the other one
Old 10-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
holy cow the announcer in the donovan mcnabb video is AWESOME.... i was getting pumped just watching the vid... i cant imagine playing with guy talking... its gonne be awesome
I didn't notice the announcer. I'll watch it again and listen for him. Vid was sick. I'm defintally buying. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get me an Xbox 360.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #20
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
Is this game supposed to be a sim? Because no defenders bounce off of running backs the way they did in that video.

Also, the movements are too jerky and not smoothened out. This game is not what I expected next-gen football to be.

The game is 3 weeks away from being on shelves. Are the Madden apologists going to come out and say they still have time to fix the animations?

It's a lost cause. This game is an arcade-fest with good graphics and bad animations.

I'm disappointed.
Believe it or not, running backs in the NFL can do this thing where they shake off or run through a defender. It's called "Breaking a tackle", and it's actually an effective move. And if you want to get technical, let's break down EVERY SINGLE SHOT!

KJ celebrating: Looks great to me

Priest diving over the pile: Excellent weather effects, nice diving animation, as Priest puts his hand down to brace his fall.

LT runs through an ARM TACKLE. Not unrealistic at all. Notice how he covers up the ball, very nice.

Clinton Portis shrugs off a player who is diving at him. Now, in the NFL, do players who DIVE for tackles, from the side, at a running back who is running full speed, usually make the tackle? No, they don't.

JJ Arrington makes Archuleta miss, then scores while #27 tackles him. I saw nothing wrong with this juke. It's a simple slide step, used to get by an overpursuing tackler. Arrington is the kind of small, scat back who uses this move.

Barlow runs through #90 for the Cards. OK, this one seems a bit of a stretch. But again, with the Hit Stick, shouldn't a skilled gamer be able to do this? I think so. Not a game wrecker at all.

Westbrook shakes a defender off, again, while the defender is diving at him. Gotta love Westbrook's facial expression.

Cadillac breaks a tackle from #23 of the Panthers. An open field tackle is hard to make in the NFL, especially on Cadillac. I see nothing wrong with this. He might have "bounced" off Cadillac a bit, but not a big deal in my eyes.

Kevin Jones runs over #31 of the Bears. Nitpickers might not like this one, since it seems Jones really does barrel over the guy, but again, it's not like he's running over Ray Lewis or a defensive tackle, it's a DB, so it's not completely unrealistic for him to do this.

Rudi Johnson runs down the sideline, #43 dives for him, misses, and goes into a nice rolling animation. Rudi is then tackled by #55 from behind. Nothing wrong with this one at all.

Dillon throws a stiff arm at a Bills DB. Again, it's a DB, and with Dillon, a power back, it's not unrealistic at all. Great weather effects again, and Dillon's face is spot on.

Willie Parker gives #26 for the Browns a straight arm. Nothing wrong with this.

Jamal Lewis makes a man miss. Another quick side step. I honestly don't see the big deal with this. People complain about running the ball not being fun, then when EA gives them the juke stick and such, they complain about it.

Shaun Alexander makes a man miss, then breaks out into the open field. Roborunning seems to be gone.

Nice tight shot of McGahee. Another stiff arm, which, with McGahee, isn't unrealistic.

Ahman Green pulls out the spin move, then gets nailed by a Vikings player. The only unrealistic thing about this is that the Vikings actually made a tackle.

Priest sidesteps a Broncos defender. More weather effects, which, again, look great.

Edge throws a stiff arm at #28 for the Titans. For the 10th time, not unrealistic, and no signs of polygonal clipping, in which Edge's hand or arm goes into the body of the other player.

Priest celebrates. If someone has a problem about this one, they are grasping.

Portis shakes off another tackle.

Jets defender tries to hit Tiki, rather than wrap him up and tackle him, and Tiki shrugs him off. Nothing wrong with this, it happens all the time in the NFL.

Edge celebrates a first down.

Shaun Alexander jumps over the pile. More nice weather effects.

And there you have it. If you hate straight arms, then I guess Madden 360 just isn't for you.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:15 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
there are two vids... make sure you check the other one
Where's the other one? I only have teh running back one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

I hate gamespot. Always asking for some sort of registration. Ive already registered there about 5 times, and they still wont recognize my username.

Then when I try to register a new name, they keep sayin either
a) email address already used
or
b) username already used

Ive used about 4 emails, and somehow theyve all been "used" already

what thehell??
Old 10-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #23
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
Where's the other one? I only have teh running back one.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...?mode=trailers

trailer two
Old 10-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 32

Just watched the Eagles video. Love the announcer and it looks great. One thing that bothers me a little is that the voice didn't really sound anything like McNabb, but then I've never really heard him on the field either. I thought they had the real audio so maybe I'm wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »