Home

Why is eveybody slammingMadden 360 ?

This is a discussion on Why is eveybody slammingMadden 360 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Why is eveybody slammingMadden 360 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
And if you aren't going to buy it, why do you feel the need to comment on something you have no interest in? There really isn't a good reason unless to just want to take shots at the company.
I think the point you are missing ObiWan is that some of us do not like certain specific things about Tiburon football (the horrible tackling and line blocking you mentioned are only two glaring examples). These things might keep some of us from buying the game. Under your logic, we should just accept the fact that we don't like Tiburon football and move on, instead of coming around here to post and letting them know what we think.

What good would that do? Do you really think Tiburon or any of us would be better off if the only posts around here were of the flowery, EA can do no wrong variety? We've already got some people here for that. If the rest of us want EA to ever make a football game we'd enjoy, then it seems to me like we'd better speak up instead of forever holding our peace.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the main thing that people are annoyed with is that Tiburon took a development path that we don't agree with is a good football sim path to take. The videos so far from X360 Madden basically confirms that they're sticking with that path.

That's one way of explaning it. They've ventured too far out on a branch of a tree that we don't like. We're just criticising them in hope of them moving back to the core of the tree where the real football sim is.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:45 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I think the point you are missing ObiWan is that some of us do not like certain specific things about Tiburon football (the horrible tackling and line blocking you mentioned are only two glaring examples). These things might keep some of us from buying the game. Under your logic, we should just accept the fact that we don't like Tiburon football and move on, instead of coming around here to post and letting them know what we think.

What good would that do? Do you really think Tiburon or any of us would be better off if the only posts around here were of the flowery, EA can do no wrong variety? We've already got some people here for that. If the rest of us want EA to ever make a football game we'd enjoy, then it seems to me like we'd better speak up instead of forever holding our peace.
I think the point is there are millions of consumers who are pretty happy with what Tiburon has done as of late..No game is perfect but there is definately an undertone from alot of the habitual whiners and complainers that they will niot be satisfied with the game no matter what.

I'll guarantee you this tho...If this was 2k's offering all would be good and these same haters would be having a love fest with the game...
Old 10-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #20
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes

No, you're missing my point. I'm not saying all posts should be flowery. I'm saying the potshots at EA should cease. Can you truly say that there is nothing in the Madden franchise that is done well? Be specific in your examples and say what you don't like about them. There is no need to talk about about how much EA and Tiburon "suck" or call a video post "disgusting." My logic is quite simple. If you have no intention of buying the game beforehand, there is no reason to come here and rip it apart. Has Tiburon changed what you don't like in the past 10 years? Do you think your posts are making a difference? Do you normally bang your head against a brick wall thinking it might change something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
I'll guarantee you this tho...If this was 2k's offering all would be good and these same haters would be having a love fest with the game...
You are speaking the truth. I posed a question numerous times that asked how the feelings would be if Sega had won the bid for the exclusive agreement. The people with the harshest comments for EA and Tiburon refused to answer saying that the situation didn't happen, so why worry about it. I think it's more because their answer would be "I would be incredibly happy about it" thus rendering all their comments about competition moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caero
I think the main thing that people are annoyed with is that Tiburon took a development path that we don't agree with is a good football sim path to take. The videos so far from X360 Madden basically confirms that they're sticking with that path.

That's one way of explaning it. They've ventured too far out on a branch of a tree that we don't like. We're just criticising them in hope of them moving back to the core of the tree where the real football sim is.
But that's the whole point you're missing. The group demanding an accurate simulation of the real game are in the minority. EA is appealing to the masses, which is a good business plan. As I have said before, the hardcore sim group could boycott Madden en masse, and there would be no dent in EA's sales.

Last edited by ObiWanJenkins; 10-22-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:48 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:

You obviously have not played Madden 2006...You could not possibly be insinuating that Madden 2006 is not a sim game..could you?..If so, I would have to definately disagree with you...Whats so un-sim about it?..Please try to specify cause I have yet to see it..Is the game perfect...Of course not but as a person who has played all football offerings extensively Madden 2006 is by far the most complete game of sime cyber football ever produced. Not to mention that unlike other games where its more of a spectator game...In Madden you actually have to make plays on your own instead of relying on the cpu to do it for ya.

Last edited by Mikejones1964; 10-22-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #22
Rookie

Well there is a couple of really big issues I have with it.

1. The running game is and has always been a joke on the madden series. Oline runblocking has been masked to look "nice" but it's basically still 5 circle magnets sucking stuff to them.

2. The animations in almost every part of the game look unreal, jerky and that seem to have even carried through into the next gen series as well. Looking at player vs player interactions you still see in Madden 2006 that players who don't even touch in any way fire off some prescripted nonsense animation that ruins a play completely.

3. Physics. Madden doesn't have it. Blitz the league doesn't try to hide that it's arcade. Madden does. And this is personally the biggest development mistake I have seen so far from the Tiburon team.

Oh and before everyone acuses me of being a fanboy of some other game. I am not. Actually I don't think there are any football sim games on the market at all and there haven't been so far.

My hope was just that "next gen" would get us there as the hardware certainly isn't to blame for not getting real physics, movement, sound, interaction etc etc.

Last edited by caero; 10-22-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #23
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Well there is a couple of really big issues I have with it.

1. The running game is and has always been a joke on the madden series. Oline runblocking has been masked to look "nice" but it's basically still 5 circle magnets sucking stuff to them.
Agreed. The running game has been lousy for years.

Quote:
2. The animations in almost every part of the game look unreal, jerky and that seem to have even carried through into the next gen series as well. Looking at player vs player interactions you still see in Madden 2006 that players who don't even touch in any way fire off some prescripted nonsense animation that ruins a play completely.
I disagree that every part of the game has poor animation. Though, there are some areas that need to be worked on.

Quote:
3. Physics. Madden doesn't have it. Blitz the league doesn't try to hide that it's arcade. Madden does. And this is personally the biggest development mistake I have seen so far from the Tiburon team.
Madden has physics. It breaks down at certain points in the game, but given that physics is not easy to program for, I think Tiburon has done an acceptable job with it. Though, they should be upgrading it every year.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
imo the runningback video just showed that the game more or less looks exactly like Madden 2006 when it comes to seen the game in motion. Just a lot more rugged in the animations.
The few actual game play videos EA has released all look exactly like Madden current-gen with a graphics facelift (impressive facelift, regardless). Good grief, it even looks like they ported the current-gen game play engine. Toss in the stripped-down, near-featureless product they’ll be releasing and one has to ask: Why aren’t people slamming Madden 360 more?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »