Home

Why is eveybody slammingMadden 360 ?

This is a discussion on Why is eveybody slammingMadden 360 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why is eveybody slammingMadden 360 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And you have every right to believe what you need to.
Amen to that, chum.

As far as i'm concerned, EA 's Madden lost my appreciation a few years back. I tried the current-gen Madden this year, and walked away decidedly unimpressed. After watching the nextgen videos, it looks like the same crap EA tried to sell me a few months ago runnnig at a higher resolution.

Animation is still far too repetitive and stiff, the blocking and tackling still look like Madden on PS1, and so forth.

So EA is at level ZERO with regard to winning me back as a customer. And in my mind, respect and appreciation is earned, not freely given. I stopped giving video games the benefit of the doubt many moons ago. My wallet made me. Madden has not done anything in mind to earn back my respect.

And before you ask, no, as of right now i won't be buying Madden 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Expert? Provide your credentials.
'Human being with game console and personal opinion' -- just like everyone else here
Old 10-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
1. Diehard 2k guys never have and never will appreciate or enjoy Madden...Now multiply that feeling times 100 since 2k is dead. Thuis far its pointless for these people to even participate in a true Madden discussion thread because they are incapable of facing the reality of the one game they love being gone while appreciating what they percieve as the enemy.
So your opinion of a forum discussion is to not have any disagreements; thus, everyone just either agree with your opinions or not talk at all? Doesn't work like that buddy.

Second, the best way to get the most realistic football gaming experience is through picking the game apart and demanding certain aspects to be included. We compare 2K to Madden because there are elements in 2K from 3 years ago that Madden 06 still has not incorporated. (blocking schemes, etc.)

If 2K never existed, we would all be blind supporters of EA, but consumers now realize that there is so much more potential for Madden to be better, but that it isn't, not because of technological limitations, but because of limitations of talent by Madden's developers.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #68
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Now say something about what Madden does so much better than NFL2k3.
lol. It's 2006 so obviously Madden does alot of better things than 2K3. I never said that 2K was better than Madden. That's not the point. Madden STILL hasn't gotten major football things right. Things that people have been asking for since forever. So when they do not see these things really improved in the latest vids, than they will complain.

I never should have started this debate with people who will spend there life defending this game...

Last edited by Rocky; 10-22-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:56 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
no, moron as in idiot or incapable of simple of thought.
I thought that's what you probably meant, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions
Old 10-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #70
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
'Human being with game console and personal opinion' -- just like everyone else here
You aren't an expert, just someone with an agenda and no interest in discussion.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
So your opinion of a forum discussion is to not have any disagreements; thus, everyone just either agree with your opinions or not talk at all? Doesn't work like that buddy.

Second, the best way to get the most realistic football gaming experience is through picking the game apart and demanding certain aspects to be included. We compare 2K to Madden because there are elements in 2K from 3 years ago that Madden 06 still has not incorporated. (blocking schemes, etc.)

If 2K never existed, we would all be blind supporters of EA, but consumers now realize that there is so much more potential for Madden to be better, but that it isn't, not because of technological limitations, but because of limitations of talent by Madden's developers.
Thank goodness you still have 2k5 to turn to in your time of need
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 07:58 PM   #72
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
lol. It's 2006 so obviously Madden does alot of better things than 2K3. That's not the point.
It absolutely is. You're quick to point out the things NFL2k3 does better than Madden 06. Now list the things Madden has always done better than the NFL2k series.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »