Home

Madden HD.............disappointing

This is a discussion on Madden HD.............disappointing within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-24-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden HD.............disappointing

I'm having a very irritating problem with my Mitsubishi WD-52327. Whenever I play Madden 06 in it's highest mode of resoulution which is advertised on the back of the box as 480p.
I notice that the edges around the players along with all the fans are distorted. I went to my Xbox dashboard and checked all the settings they had which were 1080i, 720p, 420p, and 420i. And as I suspected upon rebooting of the system it transmitts in 480p only as advertised.

I then went back into settings and selected 1080i only and as suspected once again upon reboot the game transmitted in 480p with the same irritating fuzzy blur thing. I'm using the official Xbox brand componet cables and can't seem to clear the players and fans up...........everything else looks gorgeous.

Can anyone else out theyr'e playing this game tell me what type of picture they're getting out of there HD televisions and how they chose to connect everything. I can live with this for another month as long as I know that it's a common problem for everyone running in HD. After all the 360 will be here shortly. This is a link to my television.....http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...ures/457999628
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden HD.............disappointing

First thing is that Madden06 isn't HD. 480p isn't an HD standard (720p is the lowest HD resolution one can have). So even setting those settings in the dashboard (480/720/1080) aren't going to do anything.

What you have setup seems fine. When the 360 comes out, that version of Madden should be true HD.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

The Brim: I recently bought a 42 inch Panasonic Plasma, have the XBOX HD cables pack, and have my XBOX configured correctly. The players will have an edgy look to them and won't be as smooth as the stadium graphics or field. One thing you may want to try is to turn down features such as sharpness and edge enhancement if your tv allows. If your tv tries to make the picture quality of madden as sharp as high def, it will actually make it look a little distorted. I prefer mine to have a slightly softer look, and I believe it makes the game look better. Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
The Brim: I recently bought a 42 inch Panasonic Plasma, have the XBOX HD cables pack, and have my XBOX configured correctly. The players will have an edgy look to them and won't be as smooth as the stadium graphics or field. One thing you may want to try is to turn down features such as sharpness and edge enhancement if your tv allows. If your tv tries to make the picture quality of madden as sharp as high def, it will actually make it look a little distorted. I prefer mine to have a slightly softer look, and I believe it makes the game look better. Hope this helps.
Yah, I always turn edge enhancement completely off, I think it makes things look terrible...

Old 10-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #5
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks guys for the advise, I'm going to turn the sharpness down right away. Not certain but I don't beleive I've ever seen any edge enhancement option in any of my menus.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »