Home

Is it possible "Madden" will be gone?

This is a discussion on Is it possible "Madden" will be gone? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: Is it possible "Madden" will be gone?

My concern is EA ignoring the many great presentation possibilities with the ESPN brand name. We saw a glimpse of what could be done in 2K5. I really like what EA is doing with the "radio" voice calling the game, but step it up a bit by using Chris Burhman's voice there. In my opinion he is the best there is in game calling. Joe Buck (Fox) is a close second. This all is on the heels of the latest Madden video to be shown. I was really impressed with that games presentation and camera angles.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #10
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
My concern is EA ignoring the many great presentation possibilities with the ESPN brand name. We saw a glimpse of what could be done in 2K5. I really like what EA is doing with the "radio" voice calling the game, but step it up a bit by using Chris Burhman's voice there. In my opinion he is the best there is in game calling. Joe Buck (Fox) is a close second. This all is on the heels of the latest Madden video to be shown. I was really impressed with that games presentation and camera angles.
Well, since the ESPN license doesn't go into affect until next year, that's probably why they have chosen to go this route this year. Maybe next year we'll see a combination of both...

Old 10-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think Madden will be used for only name sake and for helping out with the developing on the game, like he has in the past.

This way they can also keep "Ask Madden" in the game and other little things.

I HIGHLY doubt Madden will be doing any commentary in the games from here on. Madden 360 already began to cut him out of that loop, and I think EA is going to slowly but surely change the game up so as not to COMPLETELY re-do it all at once and give people heart attacks.

Madden is on NBC and EA has no rights to NBC telecasts, so to put Madden in commentary positions with the rights to ESPN, doesn't make any sense, and everybody will know when playing the game that it doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #12
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
I think Madden will be used for only name sake and for helping out with the developing on the game, like he has in the past.

This way they can also keep "Ask Madden" in the game and other little things.

I HIGHLY doubt Madden will be doing any commentary in the games from here on. Madden 360 already began to cut him out of that loop, and I think EA is going to slowly but surely change the game up so as not to COMPLETELY re-do it all at once and give people heart attacks.

Madden is on NBC and EA has no rights to NBC telecasts, so to put Madden in commentary positions with the rights to ESPN, doesn't make any sense, and everybody will know when playing the game that it doesn't.
Madden is on NBC?

When did this happen? Right after last night's NYJ/ATL game on ABC where John Madden was talking?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #13
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Madden is on NBC?

When did this happen? Right after last night's NYJ/ATL game on ABC where John Madden was talking?
LOL. I think he's speaking about next year.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 PM   #14
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't think that Madden is switching networks, I thought ESPN got MNF...

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-25-2005, 11:17 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've heard that Madden is moving to NBC...while ESPN did get MNF.

Link to story:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...8956&mode=news
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 AM   #16
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I don't think that Madden is switching networks, I thought ESPN got MNF...
No, Madden is definitely moving to NBC next season:
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_print.asp?id=36478

NEW YORK -- John Madden, the most honored NFL broadcaster of all time, joins NBC Sports as the game analyst for the inaugural 2006 season of NBC's Sunday Night Football.

The announcement of Madden's six-year deal with NBC was made today by Dick Ebersol, Chairman, NBC Universal Sports & Olympics.

Madden, who has won an unprecedented 14 Emmy Awards for Outstanding Sports Analyst/Personality, is renowned by football fans nationwide for his ability to analyze the details of the game with wit, candor and an inimitable style.

He joins NBC's Sunday Night Football with 25 years of broadcasting experience, most recently as the game analyst with ABC's NFL broadcasts.

"John Madden is the best analyst in the history of the National Football League and, in my opinion, the best analyst of any kind in sports television history," said Ebersol. "John is much more than a football legend, he's an American icon. He is the only sports television talent who resonates across all ages - kids grow up today playing his video game and watching him on TV, as their fathers grew up watching him on NFL sidelines every Sunday as the head coach with the best winning percentage [.750] in league history. We are extraordinarily proud to have him join 'NBC's Sunday Night Football.'"

ESPN will take over Monday Night Football from ABC and most likely use the Sunday Night Football crew to announce the games. NBC will broadcast Sunday night games in ESPN's place. CBS and FOX will continue to broadcast Sunday afternoon games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »