Home

Is it possible "Madden" will be gone?

This is a discussion on Is it possible "Madden" will be gone? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-25-2005, 02:46 AM   #1

DaveDQ's Arena

OVR: 34
Is it possible "Madden" will be gone?

With the ESPN license coming along next year, and all that is happening with how the NFL will be telivised, I'm curious about which way EA will go with this title. I honestly don't see them changing the name, but Madden is going to NBC and MNF is going to ESPN. It'll be interesting to see how ESPN is used in this game. If they do what is expected (keep the Madden name) we'll see something like, Madden 07 powered by ESPN. Or will Madden be alltogether gone and we see ESPN Monday Night Football? Either way, I do hope ESPN gets some exposure in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OthaWize's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it possible "Madden" will be gone?

Actually, Madden will be on ESPN next year if I am not mistaken. Him and Thiesman will be doing the games next year for MNF. But they still could change the name especially if they do not have him doing the play calling next year in the game.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Is it possible "Madden" will be gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OthaWize
Actually, Madden will be on ESPN next year if I am not mistaken. Him and Thiesman will be doing the games next year for MNF. But they still could change the name especially if they do not have him doing the play calling next year in the game.
He signed , I belive a 5 year extension. How he will be used is another story. They wanted to keep the brand name.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OthaWize
no im pretty sure madden is moving to NBC for sunday night football, and hte current sunday night crew on espn will be moving to monday night
Old 10-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
no im pretty sure madden is moving to NBC for sunday night football, and hte current sunday night crew on espn will be moving to monday night
Yup, Madden to NBC, and Monday Night Football will now be on ESPN. NOw, my question is, what happens to Al Michaels...?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Is it just me or does Madden always sound drunk...is it just me or does Terry Bradshaw sound like some raving idiot. How do these imbosiles become super rich?

Here is a quote from Madden that illustrates the "complexity" of his thought processes.."With Michael Vick...he can run to the outside..so you can go..boom.****n Dunn in the Middle..or you can run Dunn to the outside. You can run Dunn to the Middle and to the Outside."
Old 10-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OthaWize's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh my mistake, now to think about it. You are right, but I think it is Michaels who will be calling the game with Thiesmann.

So it will be Michaels and Thiesmann calling the games for MNF and Madden will be doing Sunday Nights on NBC.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Is it just me or does Madden always sound drunk...is it just me or does Terry Bradshaw sound like some raving idiot. How do these imbosiles become super rich?

Here is a quote from Madden that illustrates the "complexity" of his thought processes.."With Michael Vick...he can run to the outside..so you can go..boom.****n Dunn in the Middle..or you can run Dunn to the outside. You can run Dunn to the Middle and to the Outside."
Ha! I think your quote is a bit off, but Madden does get crossed up now and then. But I think it adds a "regular guy" aspect to the commentary. I like him.

What I got from the Vick/Dunn outside/inside phrase was that Vick opens up the inside for Dunn with his ability to break contain, and Dunn opens up the outside for Vick with his ability to run up the middle effectively. I remember Madden's statment being a lot clearer than your quote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »