Home

Anyone else tired of these stupid close up videos EA is giving us?

This is a discussion on Anyone else tired of these stupid close up videos EA is giving us? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Anyone else tired of these stupid close up videos EA is giving us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Can't believe some ppl think the gameplay of Madden 360 looks better then the CG movie they showed.. I guess the glass is always half full when it comes to Madden..
Count me as one of the people who thinks the gameplay videos look better than that commercial.

And yes, I am a glass half full guy. Always have been. Always will be.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Count me as one of the people who thinks the gameplay videos look better than that commercial.

And yes, I am a glass half full guy. Always have been. Always will be.
I dont know if I can have your back on that one. That CG movie was pretty sweet, but Id rather have the game look the way its looking and play like a real football game than have some super duper Final Fantasy The Movie type CG game that is so graphics intense there is no room or programming left to make it an actual playable football game. Is anyone on this thread old enough to go back to that first WWF wrestling game for the PC where you really didnt control the action, there were a bunch of stills of high rez photos of the wrestlers doing things? I think thats about what youd get if they tried to make the game completely like the CG movie right now. Im cool with the way the game looks now, just kinda bumbed about the no owner mode BUT I'm happy that I dont have to hear Madden with his "obvious" commentary. Id still like to see what Take Two could have done with the technolgy, just because I feel they pushed it further than Madden did on our current gen consoles. Oh well. Its Madden or Bust.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I dont know if I can have your back on that one. That CG movie was pretty sweet, but Id rather have the game look the way its looking and play like a real football game than have some super duper Final Fantasy The Movie type CG game that is so graphics intense there is no room or programming left to make it an actual playable football game.
The CG movie WAS cool, you're right. But it looked CG. You look at some of the screen shots coming out right now for Madden, not the close-up ones but the ones of actual gameplay, and it's looking photo realistic, not all CG-like.

I'd rather have what we're getting, not what that commercial was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #36
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
The CG movie WAS cool, you're right. But it looked CG. You look at some of the screen shots coming out right now for Madden, not the close-up ones but the ones of actual gameplay, and it's looking photo realistic, not all CG-like.

I'd rather have what we're getting, not what that commercial was.
you know what i'll back you on that, the CG movie was cool and the best part of the whole thing was the helmets and....the grass. Other than that it looked to much like a movie, i mean no wonder EA didn't want to show that movie b/c of the detail of the field and other things, well IMO i think it looks better than that CG vid, I mean if i could take a couple of things from that vid is the facial animations, the detail of the Scuffs on the helmets and the field, b/c everything else didn't seem to look right.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:26 AM   #37
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

sorry for double post, but does anyone think the New pic of Shaun Alexander looks like the one model they showed in that E3 closed presentation. I think someone should show a pic of them both side to side to see if they did meet that goal or not, b/c i think they did once you look back and forth.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
sorry for double post, but does anyone think the New pic of Shaun Alexander looks like the one model they showed in that E3 closed presentation. I think someone should show a pic of them both side to side to see if they did meet that goal or not, b/c i think they did once you look back and forth.
Which new Shuan Alexander pic?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #39
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

EA is just doing what they always do which is deceiving customers into buying their product. They know that they just have to show teasers along with the madden name and the game will sell. Im waiting for madden 2007, or 2008 to see what they have to offer with the espn presentation and having more features since 2006 was rushed.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #40
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
EA is just doing what they always do which is deceiving customers into buying their product. They know that they just have to show teasers along with the madden name and the game will sell. Im waiting for madden 2007, or 2008 to see what they have to offer with the espn presentation and having more features since 2006 was rushed.
Can we please stop these stupid "EA always does this" as if no other company operates the same way posts? Every company in the world advertises the same way. If EA is deceiving its customers into buying its product, then every other company is too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »