Home

PASS DEFENSE?!?

This is a discussion on PASS DEFENSE?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2005, 05:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry PASS DEFENSE?!?

I am an experienced Madden player, but recently my friend has become INSANE at passing...he told me how he does it, he waits for a reciever to cut and throws exactly when he cuts, completes about 90% of his passes, most of them post routes or corner routes...I have tried everything to stop him...blitzing, zone, man....the one defense that stops him is 4-3 Base...however, this only works when he has 2 WRS- when he has 3 WRs or more he is unstoppable once again....any suggestions- I tried errything from bump-n-run to playing off to shading...thanx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: PASS DEFENSE?!?

???
Old 10-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #3
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

What team is he using? If your secondary is fast, you should be able to cover his receivers man to man.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
What team is he using? If your secondary is fast, you should be able to cover his receivers man to man.
every team...he did it 2 me with Dallas...glenn and keyshawn all day....Jets....everyone...I had panthers corners couldnt cover him had slower ones couldnt cover either...couldnt play zone eitha- nuthin.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmedabounce
every team...he did it 2 me with Dallas...glenn and keyshawn all day....Jets....everyone...I had panthers corners couldnt cover him had slower ones couldnt cover either...couldnt play zone eitha- nuthin.
Try manually controlling your DB's....try Cover 3 if he keeps using those corner routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Try manually controlling your DB's....try Cover 3 if he keeps using those corner routes.
thanx...what about if he adjusts (which he duz) and uses posts?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7

LMAO, sounds like your just getting outcoached if he adjusts and you can't do anything about it.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

There is a play if you don't mind creating it. I have discovered a HAVOK causing play that gets you plenty of sacks. There is a defensive play on NCAA called Storm Red and if timed correctly you can drive qbs nuts. I play on all-Madden (every year) and all you have to do is copy or draw the play on paper and create it on the create a playbook and it is an awsome play to have especially if you have safeties like Roy Wlliams, Troy Polamalu,Ed Reed....hell I play with the dirty birds and have guys like Keion Carpenter looking like all world. This play is equally effective on running plays also. The only thing you have to do that's a little different from the NCAA version is that instead of the safety blitzing from the top place him on the edge!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »