Home

New IGN article-10/26

This is a discussion on New IGN article-10/26 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #41
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New IGN article-10/26

Man I don't know what to think or do. I want to see some decent in game videos before making up my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #42
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Halo 2, an Xbox game with much more action than a football game, is 30 FPS. Again, what an absolutely stupid arguement.

Actually a game is more than playable at 30 frames...should be no problem.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #43
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Man I don't know what to think or do. I want to see some decent in game videos before making up my mind.

Skyboxer ...you know what you do .......exactly what you are already going to do..lol IGN, Gamespot ...ect wil be putting up HUGE movies of the near finall in the coming weeks ...they'll write more previews and finally the reviews well before the game launches. You'll already know what you want to do by then ...dont sweat it.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:34 PM   #44
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Actually a game is more than playable at 30 frames...should be no problem.
Then why is everyone flying off the handle about Madden 360 at 30 FPS? Because most of them are uninformed, and think that since 60 is more than 30, than 30 FPS must be bad.

Although I usually don't trust IGN articles, I was pleased with this one. I don't see the big problem with no replay challenges, would you rather have EA implement that the right way and take time away from fixing the animations, throw it in and make it look terrible and be a detriment to the game, or not have it at all? And correct me if I am wrong, but didn't ESPN NFL 2K5, the supposed "God's gift to football gamers" lack individual defensive player "Hot Routing"? Oh, it did? Then I guess I can live without that feature in Madden 360.

It's almost getting to the point where Madden fans, deep inside, want this game to be a failure, and will attack anything they see in previews, just so they can complain about it.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:41 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 32

As long as the frame rate is locked, there's no problem. Better to have it locked at 30 FPS than hitting 60 FPS at times and stuttering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 11:42 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 3

Welp..that does it for me...I just saved 400 bucks...30 frames per second?! Thats not next gen..this is just some scheme to fatten EAs pockets...wake me up when they produce a quality game...a finished product..one worthy of my financial dollars.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Welp..that does it for me...I just saved 400 bucks...30 frames per second?! Thats not next gen..this is just some scheme to fatten EAs pockets...wake me up when they produce a quality game...a finished product..one worthy of my financial dollars.
Thanks for telling us Bookoo.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not getting excited about anything until i see the gameplay footage. Trailers and articles are spectacular and all, but there were plenty of positive articles and exciting trailers for Black and White and Master of Orion 3 as well. Show me what i'm going to be looking at 99.99% of the time. If that looks good, then i'll add Madden to the 360 checklist. Not before.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »