Home

Power of EA

This is a discussion on Power of EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Power of EA

No ability to Challenge calls Hot blitzing is gone No owner Mode, No superstar Mode, but everyone wil still go our on purchase this game for the Xbox 360, my question is If there ws still an Nfl2k series do you think Ea would release Madden without these features?

This info is from Ign.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: Power of EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutt
No ability to Challenge calls Hot blitzing is gone No owner Mode, No superstar Mode, but everyone wil still go our on purchase this game for the Xbox 360, my question is If there ws still an Nfl2k series do you think Ea would release Madden without these features?

This info is from Ign.com
Yes, they would. Did you so quickly forget the move from Playstation to PS2?

Old 10-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Personally, I'm glad things like Superstar Mode and Create-A-Fan and some of the other junk EA has been adding over the past 4-5 years didn't make the cut this year. I'm wondering more whether other things they didn't have last year (half-time highlights, custom stadium soundtracks, tv-style replays, online leagues, etc.) will make it this year.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'd like to chime in to do nothing more than re-issue my thoughts on Madden 06 for the 360.
I've been harsh to EA and with some things I stand by it. However I am toning it down somewhat due to believing I wasn't being totally fair.

Today I played COD2 for the 360 and was very impressed. Then it hit me. It's basically the same game except with way better visuals and LOTS more details. However it still got me pumped and the wait to get my 360 is harder than ever.
Even though I still feel not including a CAP function is lame I will give Madden 360 the same opportunity I gave COD2. If Madden gets the details right and has very improved visuals over current gen I will be happy. If Madden is the same game with just better graphics then I won't be happy. Give me the details (Stadium surroundings, ball physics better atmospher etc..) and good gameplay and I'll be more than satisfied with the first 360 effort.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

1. Challenging calls in the current Madden games is terrible anyways. I can't believe people want EA to spend their time including this into the game, instead of putting their time towards far more important things.

2. Individual hot routes for defensive players being gone is bad, but it's not terrible, especially if you play online. Now you won't have some idiot blitzing all 11 or dropping all 11 into coverage or anything like that.

3. No Superstar Mode? Who gives a crap? Not REAL Madden fans, that's for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
1. Challenging calls in the current Madden games is terrible anyways. I can't believe people want EA to spend their time including this into the game, instead of putting their time towards far more important things.
I liked the ability to challenge, but I rarely used it. Taking it out and redoing it is a great idea.

Quote:
2. Individual hot routes for defensive players being gone is bad, but it's not terrible, especially if you play online. Now you won't have some idiot blitzing all 11 or dropping all 11 into coverage or anything like that.
One reason I only played one game online. Always somebody taking advantage of the game.

Quote:
Honestly, it was a cute idea, but I couldn't get into it. I'm not sad to see it go. Though I'm ecstatic that there is no Create-A-Fan garbage in the 360 version.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
I liked the ability to challenge, but I rarely used it. Taking it out and redoing it is a great idea.

One reason I only played one game online. Always somebody taking advantage of the game.

Honestly, it was a cute idea, but I couldn't get into it. I'm not sad to see it go. Though I'm ecstatic that there is no Create-A-Fan garbage in the 360 version.
amen brother!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 PM   #8
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla

Couldn't have said it better myself. I never got a challenge reversed, even though you could tell it should have been. Hell Madden and Michaels would even say looks like this one is going to be reversed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »