Home

Who else is worried that Madden360 is going to be bad??

This is a discussion on Who else is worried that Madden360 is going to be bad?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Who else is worried that Madden360 is going to be bad??

I consider Madden 05 and 06 to among the best in the Madden series in terms of gameplay and graphics. I remember there being several long gameplay videos well before the release. I know the 360 is a new system, but I am flat out worried about this game. What limited game play sequences I have seen do not impress me at all. I am sick of EA releasing screen shots. Who cares about screen shots at this point? I want to see long gameplay moves. We have several NBA LIve gameplay videos, I expect the same for Madden. I look at it this way, Madden 360 is down by 13 points late in the 4th quarter. Do I think they can come back and win the game? Yes. But at this point it will be a miraculous come back because I am not impressed thus far.

Let's go EA. Show us something that will knock our socks off. I am a big sports gamer. If Madden stinks I will wait on the 360 for now and wait for the release of PS3 before considering which next gen system I get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Who else is worried that Madden360 is going to be bad??

i agree with you to some extent but we still have 24 days until the actual release. they probably will have some videos out by then. maybe they just want you to be suprised.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:56 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Good post...im also worried..

Lets go with the gameplay movies...
Old 10-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I've got to be honest, I'm really not worried at all about it. Looking back on the last major generational jump, I owned both Madden 2000 for the PSOne and NFL2K for the Dreamcast. There's no question that Madden was the better, more polished game. There's also no question that I spent a ton more time playing 2K, and being incredibly excited about where the game was going. There was enough brilliance in the design to allow me to overlook the flaws, and the sheer immersiveness of the graphics made going back to the PSOne unpalatable.

I expect that the launch sports games are going to be good to very good, with some definite flaws and with some gameplay advances that will have enough promise that it will be hard to look at PS2 or Xbox games again.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
I've got to be honest, I'm really not worried at all about it. Looking back on the last major generational jump, I owned both Madden 2000 for the PSOne and NFL2K for the Dreamcast. There's no question that Madden was the better, more polished game. There's also no question that I spent a ton more time playing 2K, and being incredibly excited about where the game was going. There was enough brilliance in the design to allow me to overlook the flaws, and the sheer immersiveness of the graphics made going back to the PSOne unpalatable.

I expect that the launch sports games are going to be good to very good, with some definite flaws and with some gameplay advances that will have enough promise that it will be hard to look at PS2 or Xbox games again.

That's exactly what happened here too. Even though I had madden when the DC launched, I played NFL 2k to death and it has some serious flaws. But I played and played and played. I think if Madden gives a level of excitement and let me play a little D then I'll play it for a year until NCAA 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #6
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I wasn't too worried until I read this thread. I think the best question I have heard so far is, why are there more videos for NBA Live than Madden? Madden is EA's bread and butter.

My fingers and toes are crossed that EA does not disappoint
Old 10-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Personally, I would love to see Madden move towards the smooth and elegant gameplay and controls of NCAA. I suspect that at least part of what is going on with the 360 version is that EA is acknowledging that they overstuffed the game in recent years, and not with things that really serve to improve the simulation value.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am not even getting a 360 this year at all. All of the launch titles except one or two look like current gen. Current PC games look better than any of the stuff I have seen so far for the new xbox.

A shame really. But maybe in a year or so console developers will have aquired the necesarry know how to actually make games that are next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »