Home

New Madden Preview 10/31/05

This is a discussion on New Madden Preview 10/31/05 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #17
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: New Madden Preview 10/31/05

Sounds like he is basing this review off the build available at X05.... Seems he is the only one in the world that thought Madden was that far along based on that build
Old 11-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Too many divergent views on this game. This person says it "feels" the same. But contextually maybe he meant because some of the mechanics are the same. He says,
Quote:
Madden 06 360 plays a lot like every other Madden and that’s a good thing. This “feels” like Madden through and through and I was glad that nothing had changed here. You can still tweak your packages at the line, still use the Hit Stick and the A.I. seems as clever as ever.
When he says it feels the same is he saying it feels the same because it has the things that the other versions have (hit stick, tweak packages)? I ask this because just a few days ago the worthplaying preview said the game does not have that slow sim pace, that it seemed more for the pick up and play crowd and it has big plays creating a more arcade type experience. Now who is correct here? Either someone is lying or both of them are lying. Who should we believe?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #19
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

From what i saw of the x05 build, looked very unfinished. Choppy animations, gameplay way too slow, etc. If he is basing this preview on that, im not sure I understand where he is coming from. If it was a later build, then I am extremely psyched to play this, and glad to have preordered it. Im still on the fence about it, as i have preordered 4 games (thats alot of cash!).
Old 11-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #20
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
From what i saw of the x05 build, looked very unfinished. Choppy animations, gameplay way too slow, etc. If he is basing this preview on that, im not sure I understand where he is coming from. If it was a later build, then I am extremely psyched to play this, and glad to have preordered it. Im still on the fence about it, as i have preordered 4 games (thats alot of cash!).

DAMN rent the games, I am only buying madden but since my game crazy is merged with HOLLYwood Vid, they have a deal if you buy a new console then you will get 12 free game rentals, so i will able to test out games and then buy later on down the road when someone trades them in.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #21
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
DAMN rent the games, I am only buying madden but since my game crazy is merged with HOLLYwood Vid, they have a deal if you buy a new console then you will get 12 free game rentals, so i will able to test out games and then buy later on down the road when someone trades them in.
Whenever i rent, i always end up paying outragous fees. Plus, buying nba 2k6, pg3, fifa and madden are all games i plan on playing a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #22
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
Whenever i rent, i always end up paying outragous fees. Plus, buying nba 2k6, pg3, fifa and madden are all games i plan on playing a long time.

I know i wanted a couple others with madden but i will prolly wait until i use up the rent 12 for free coupons b/c i know i will play madden and madden and madden, what can i say i love f-ball, were do you rent? go to blockbuster or a place were you can still rent even if you have late charges, im sure there is some places at were you live b/c Late charges are a bitch, but if you are a good customer and some of the workers notice you then they shouldn't be to harsh on that with you, idk im just talkin from experience.
Your best bet always talk to the cashiers especially if they are girls b/c they will hook you up every now and then.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:57 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
you know whats funny, people are such hipocrytes when it comes to madden, complain about them having "GIMMICKS" every year and then now when they are not implemented in the game most of you made your decision not to buy the game. I mean aren't you a die hard football fan or a gamer. yes there is a difference b/c most want those features and gimmicks and you guys are the ones hating on madden and always complain about ea having gimmicks every year, well you guys need to make up your minds and just wait for the damn game to come out. I know i am getting a 360 for Madden and whatever else is coming out on launch is icing on the cake. Now back on topic, This is a good preview and you people don't have to pick apart every word, sentence, or anything else for that matter. I hope you people don't buy madden b/c you people are the ones that made it have a "GIMMICK" every year b/c you want features and more features. DAMN its football, why do you need owner mode or superstar mode to play football. Its all about playing f-ball not playing an RPG, so thank you people you make EA give us these extra features and other crap b/c 2k sports did it, I for one am glad b/c those things don't appeal to me. Well can't wait for the 22nd, cuz MADDEN WILL STILL HAVE ITS THRONE.
Your posts grow very tiring as does reading your typing. Real sentences please! You rant and rave about the same thing all the time! We understand you love Madden. Your standard post about hypocrites and bashing people who criticize Madden works sometimes but why did you cut and paste that crap in this thread? Everybody up until your post had almost nothing but positive or neutral views on the game and you cut and paste your crap. I can only think you're trying to pad your post count since you just joined in September.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #24
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

That was a nice preview. He made the game sound like a next-gen title. Like a few others, I wish he had some vids to back up his claims. The on the field experience is sounding better and better each time I read about it. I can see where EA is going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »