Home

New Madden Preview 10/31/05

This is a discussion on New Madden Preview 10/31/05 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #49
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Madden Preview 10/31/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
fix the animations, sorry, and no I havent, but a lot of respected people and sites have, and agreed that there a lot of of new animations and are a lot more smooth than any game before

Based off the few vids we have, the animations look fine IMO. Some new, some old but overall, impressive nonetheless. Only thing I'm hoping for is a more diverse set of them. Meaning I dont wanna see the same tackling animation 2 plays in a row.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:24 PM   #50
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Based off the few vids we have, the animations look fine IMO. Some new, some old but overall, impressive nonetheless. Only thing I'm hoping for is a more diverse set of them. Meaning I dont wanna see the same tackling animation 2 plays in a row.
Agreed, but in real life, the same tackle can happen back to back you know, so I just want a game to run smoothly, and everyone get off EA's back like they are the anti-christ. I mean, what if 2K makes a bad baseball game, will that be forgiven?
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #51
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Agreed, but in real life, the same tackle can happen back to back you know, so I just want a game to run smoothly, and everyone get off EA's back like they are the anti-christ. I mean, what if 2K makes a bad baseball game, will that be forgiven?

If 2K makes a bad baseball game, I will be all over them as well. MVP was my choice this year and I'm still torn to see that one go. As for the tackles, we're talking about Maddens 1 on 1 tackles and not real life. Madden, IMO, has never been close to real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2005, 06:09 PM   #52
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
2K had succesfully stayed out of this thread until YOU brought it in here...funny how that works...stop being so defensive.

As for the former part of your statement, thats simply ridiculous...no 2 tackles are ever exactly the same. Sure the same scenario can take place, like a backer tackling the back, but its not EXACTLY the same. However...it is simply too much to ask for a game publisher to program every possible tackle scenario, so some leeway has to be given. The closest anything will ever come to real life right now is that natural motion animation studio we have seen posted numerous times.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #53
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Once you’ve seen the stadium and called your plays you’ll finally see Madden NFL 06’s engine for what it is. And here are the facts; Madden 06 360 plays a lot like every other Madden and that’s a good thing. This “feels” like Madden through and through and I was glad that nothing had changed here.

EA has stated the game was being built from the ground up. But from what this guy says, the game plays a lot like every other Madden. So if what the previewer is saying is true, then EA upgraded the graphics engine, but left the game engine basically the same, which is what concerned me from the beginning. Some people don't have a problem with the way Madden plays now, but I have a big problem with the running game. Also, if what the reviewer says is true, mind you I said if, then EA has once again not come thru on their word. This is not flaming EA, this is just the truth. But again, all of this is speculation. So I'll wait to see for myself.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #54
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Once you’ve seen the stadium and called your plays you’ll finally see Madden NFL 06’s engine for what it is. And here are the facts; Madden 06 360 plays a lot like every other Madden and that’s a good thing. This “feels” like Madden through and through and I was glad that nothing had changed here.

EA has stated the game was being built from the ground up. But from what this guy says, the game plays a lot like every other Madden. So if what the previewer is saying is true, then EA upgraded the graphics engine, but left the game engine basically the same, which is what concerned me from the beginning. Some people don't have a problem with the way Madden plays now, but I have a big problem with the running game. Also, if what the reviewer says is true, mind you I said if, then EA has once again not come thru on their word. This is not flaming EA, this is just the truth. But again, all of this is speculation. So I'll wait to see for myself.
I don't see the inherent contradiction here. Where or when did EA say they where going to make a game completely unlike any previous version of Madden? Given their sales in recent years, they would be crazy to do so.

The PS2 version was a completely new engine, and yet it was clearly based on what they had done on the Sega Genesis. That was a plus for most Madden fans, because it made the new game feel both fresh and familiar. That seems to me to be what EA is going for with the 360 version as well.

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 4

I must say, as much an EA ***** as I am, those screenshots look absolutely amazing. far better than NFL 2k5 (which early on everyone was saying that 2k5 looked even better, but I can't say it does anymore).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2005, 07:23 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 13

This article by far is the most encouraging thing I have seen yet regarding Madden. I think it is very important for all of us to remember that EA is attempting with this version of Madden to create an immersive experience, with sounds and everything else that would create the feel of being on an NFL field. That just isn't going to show through a 30-second clip over the internet. You really will need to play the game through your home theater setup to get a full understanding of what it is, and what it is not.

With respect to gameplay, some of the things the author writes are nice to read -- receivers turning their heads at the right time; defensive backs not turning their heads when in man coverage; quarterbacks moving their eyes as they go through their progressions; etc.

To me, these things mean that gameplay necessarily will have to be improved somewhat. For instance, it would make little sense to have a DB in man coverage have the back of his head to the QB, only to break off his assignment at the last second to jump and swat away a pass intended for another DB's receiver (as happens often currently). With the clarity of the 360 graphics, this would just look stupid (infinitiely more than now). I think they will have improved that aspect of the game, which is a huge step up.

With respect to running, I hope collision detection will improve with the new system, such that we won't see guys getting swept into tackles and blocks. I am not as sure about this theory, though, and I could totally be off on this one.

Bottom line, though, I think it is very reaosnable to expect that gameplay will be improved without being changed. In other words, the animations may remain mostly the same this year, but the appropriateness with which those animations occur likely will improve. The former is discouraging, but in my opinion, the latter more than makes up for it.

I'm looking forward to the 22nd. I think EA has dropped the ball a little by not releasing a little more of this type of information, and that interviewers basically have been completely unhelpful, but I am very encouraged by this article. Here's hoping it's accurate. . . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »