Home

11/01/05 NEW Video

This is a discussion on 11/01/05 NEW Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 11/01/05 NEW Video

I must not stare at the screen looking at small little details or something that you won't notice when playing the game, but I think it looked great.

I'm not sure why the guy saying that current hardware being a setback for the ability to create a goaline dive would be something you couldn't believe. I think it may have been a cause. If they could have done it with current gen I'm sure they would have, it's not much more than just motion capturing a few more movements, but I honestly believe they were limited as to how many animations they could squeeze into Madden current gen, and now they can do a whole lot more.

To me this looked damn good, and I can't see how people can STILL complain about it. You want football that is more real, watch a game on TV.

Nonetheless, the animations look great to me and have me that much more excited for November 22nd.

(P.S.- I believe Freddie Mitchell only did the animations for celebrations, not the entire game.)

(P.S. #2- Of course it was a promotional video...it was released by EA. It's basically a commercial)

Last edited by NCHelix; 11-02-2005 at 12:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2005, 01:21 AM   #26
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
I must not stare at the screen looking at small little details or something that you won't notice when playing the game, but I think it looked great.

I'm not sure why the guy saying that current hardware being a setback for the ability to create a goaline dive would be something you couldn't believe. I think it may have been a cause. If they could have done it with current gen I'm sure they would have, it's not much more than just motion capturing a few more movements, but I honestly believe they were limited as to how many animations they could squeeze into Madden current gen, and now they can do a whole lot more.

To me this looked damn good, and I can't see how people can STILL complain about it. You want football that is more real, watch a game on TV.

Nonetheless, the animations look great to me and have me that much more excited for November 22nd.

(P.S.- I believe Freddie Mitchell only did the animations for celebrations, not the entire game.)

(P.S. #2- Of course it was a promotional video...it was released by EA. It's basically a commercial)

I wasn't staring at the screen looking at small details. The tackle animations look odd. As doing some of the receiving animations. It's something I notice in the current generation game too.

That's a total cop out. There is no reason the goal line dive couldn't be done on current generation hardware. Madden (except the PS2 special edition) has never come close to filling a whole DVD. Even if that was the case, it could have replaced a single animation and nobody would have noticed.

There's plenty of things to point out on that video. The field still has no vertical height. Tiburon's motion capture pales in comparison to the NaturalMotion system. OK. Maybe I could only find two, but those were two things that stood out to me without studying the video. The game looks great as far as cut scenes go.

I expected it to be a promotional video, but it was too heavily scripted. I'm sure the guy worked very hard on the game, but the dialogue would leave one to believe that the hardware is miles ahead of the current generation. Basically EA worked with a faster processor and more memory. Microsoft already announced that all first generation games would be single threaded. The game video wowed me. I was less impressed with the monologue.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:16 AM   #27
DickDalewood

OVR:

I liked it a lot. November 22 seems so far away...

Old 11-02-2005, 03:49 AM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Video looked good. Im looking forward to Madden next gen. Looks like the madden Ive always wanted moves/animation wise. 22nd cant come quick enough.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 11-02-2005, 04:44 AM   #29
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Looks amazing.

I wish I could see some video of my Titans, but they are 2-6 so what can I say? The only hint of them is where Edge stiff arms somebody on the Titans to the ground. I haven't looked for a second time, but it's probably Pacman. It looked like his poor tackling.

They are sure pround of Heinz Field. The seem to alway highlight it, it does seem to be a nice stadium though.

It's going to be a fun Thanksgiving weekend.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 AM   #30
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
I also think it's hilarious that Freddie Mitchell's new job is motion capturing celebrations for Madden. :y4:
You have to admit tho, he did a hell of a job with those TD celebrations.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:38 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Looked good, but I do not buy the argument that the current hardware was the problem with the dive. I'd believe it more if he said our current engine was the limitation on why we did not have the dive because of the way the animations work in that engine - suction tackling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 6

Okay...

I only saw 35% of the movie.

But LOL....Why do they still have those 1 on 1 mo cap sessions?

Man get 4-5 people up in that thing. I just don't get it.

They have about 6 computers sitting their for only 2 guys doing mo-cap.

How can you have a 4 man Touchdown celebration on Current Gen but not even 3 man gang tackles.

Graphics looking good though IMO...

I'll watch the rest when I get to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »