Home

11/01/05 NEW Video

This is a discussion on 11/01/05 NEW Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: 11/01/05 NEW Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
What are you talking about? It's obviously the in-game engine, not pre-rendered.
My guess is he meant “uber-edited 2-second promo clips, many of which probably can’t be even replicated using the replay/zoom-in feature”. In other words, let’s see some actual game play. You know: how the game looks and plays when you’re actually playing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #66
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
My guess is he meant “uber-edited 2-second promo clips, many of which probably can’t be even replicated using the replay/zoom-in feature”. In other words, let’s see some actual game play. You know: how the game looks and plays when you’re actually playing it?
If that is what he meant, I second the motion. Show us some unedited gameplay!

Personally, I think you're giving him more credit than he deserves. I think he was merely trolling.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Yes I know this, but the problem is they just reworked the engine and recreated it..so next year they are going to work on tweaking this engine not building an entire new one..
Why not do that this year?

They built the whole engine from the ground up.why not do the same with the mo-cap?

I would rather everything be fresh then having 1 thing thats old and everything else new. Take the risk now.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #68
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Why not do that this year?

They built the whole engine from the ground up.why not do the same with the mo-cap?

I would rather everything be fresh then having 1 thing thats old and everything else new. Take the risk now.
Hey, I don't know, I'm not EA..I'm just saying if they "rebuilt" the ENITRE engine they are not going to spend more resources on rebuilding the entire thing next year..I think they should have done it this year..but if it hasn't been done this year i doubt they will scrap the entire engine and rebuild again anytime soon..
Old 11-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 11

I traded in my Madden 06 (XBOX) this year because, maybe I just sucked, but the passing game is horrendous! The pass defense is worse than NCAA 05 being that you're either swarmed by the entire defense or your WR such as Randy Moss is leading the defender by at least 10 yards but the defender jumps up with a 6-foot vertical to intercept or knock down the pass.

The graphics and the gameplay for the 360 version look vastly improved. IMO it looks like it's going to be alright...I didn't say all that...I didn't say it would suck...I said alright. I mean, we still won't know ANYTHING until we actually PLAY the game.

I'll probably pick it up...maybe buy, maybe rent-it all depends on what info and how much info we get before the 22nd...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 11-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #70
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

2k had over the pile for years. Get some talent. This game is going to be the same as it always has been.

You can tell by most of the pic's. No doubleteam blocking by oline, I'm not seeing to much push by the oline. Gangtackling nope. But, the they have headtracking now. o and all the latest dance moves
Old 11-02-2005, 12:44 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Yes I know this, but the problem is they just reworked the engine and recreated it..so next year they are going to work on tweaking this engine not building an entire new one..

Even if they just reworked it, as long as they created an engine that's very flexible and open ended then they can still do more mo-cap next year and blend it in. Matter of fact they will do more mo-cap next year and I hope they do alot of what is missing this go around. I've HEARD they will but I'm tired of hearing things

One of the things they need to mo-cap is defenders and olinemen fighting. One of the most annoying thing about current gen. The defensive linemen just stick onto the olinemen and then allow themselves to be turned. Secondly, Nobody stays blocked this long. In current gen guys LEECH onto you with super glue and it is OVA. You cannot have anymore significance or impact in the play and that is annoying.

If they are going to build a better running game, which it looks like from the videos there is alot of running and it looks like running MIGHT be alot of fun, then they need to balance that. The last thing we need is ESPN NFL 2k4 without some tools and resources on defense to deal with it and that's what has me concerned at this point. The way it looks, if the resources and tools are not there defensively, it looks like people will be rushing for 250-300 yd games. I don't mind doing that to someone every now and then, but it better not ever happen to me LOL

Last edited by LBzrule; 11-02-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If that is what he meant, I second the motion. Show us some unedited gameplay!

Personally, I think you're giving him more credit than he deserves. I think he was merely trolling.
WOW...TROLLING???!!!

Whatever, like the previous poster stated, give us some gameplay clips. This stuff that EA shows are to hype folks up and then the game is something totally different.

I wanna see the team walk up to the line, hike the ball, go thru progressions, play-action and/or a handoff.

Only in-game footage I saw was the ref.

Last edited by Gilateen; 11-02-2005 at 12:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »