Home

360 player editing?? Yay or Nay?

This is a discussion on 360 player editing?? Yay or Nay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: 360 player editing?? Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Not a dealbreaker, but I am like others who have posted...I like adding / removing accessories and making sure the players are wearing what they typically wear in a game...also big on ankle tape for some reason, covers up the awkward looking shoes (though these appear to be MUCH better in the 360 version)
Not a deal breaker until it dawn$ there'$ no ro$ter editing either, meaning purcha$ing next year'$ game if you want updated roster$$$.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:20 PM   #18
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not a deal breaker until it dawn$ there'$ no ro$ter editing either, meaning purcha$ing next year'$ game if you want updated roster$$$.
Thats not entirely true...EA can release updates when they see fit to do so.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Where did you read no roster editing? EA has never said that. I swear some of you guys make stuff up.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #20
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Where did you read no roster editing? EA has never said that. I swear some of you guys make stuff up.
MN: Even though the create a player feature is not in this game, will we still have the ability to edit existing players?

JS: No, sorry, with the level of detail of everything related to the player (faces, helmet, facemasks, equipment, body shapes, muscle tone, etc.) we focused on getting the NFL as right as we could before opening it up to editing and creation.

... taken from MaddenNation Interview with Jeremy Strauser
Old 11-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Strauser said in the MaddenNation interview that you can't edit players. I'm not sure if there's a difference between editing players and rosters. Maybe you'll be able to edit attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Another article mentioned that the option to edit body types is available. I hope that, at leaset, is still intact in the game. When I draft players each year, I won't be able to change their uniform accessories and individual body part sizes (), but I hope to be able to at least change their general body size (more muscular for example). This would make sense if you drafted a SS or FB and thought he was too skinny.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
Strauser said in the MaddenNation interview that you can't edit players. I'm not sure if there's a difference between editing players and rosters. Maybe you'll be able to edit attributes.
Oh ok...I take "roster editing" to mean that you can switch players to different teams. To me player editing is editing attributes and equipment....I have never heard strauser say you couldnt edit rosters.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #24
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Another thing that I am worried about is the thighpad issue, alot of the pics released of the running backs showed no thighpads at all...maybe there are a few that chance this, but most still wear them no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »