Home

What Are You Guys Thoughts On The Maddenation Interview?

This is a discussion on What Are You Guys Thoughts On The Maddenation Interview? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What Are You Guys Thoughts On The Maddenation Interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
Well the first launch in any generation is never the best and I think the same will be true with this game, but I like how Madden rewrote the game and hopefully made it much better in some areas than before and that they can continue to build on that. If EA keeps working like they say they do this game will be very good in a few years (thinking 2 to 3). Thats not to say this years version won't be enjoyable but that it will be at its best in at least 2 to 3 years.
We shouldn't have to wait.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagMan
We shouldn't have to wait.
We? You're but a "consumer" my friend. A faceless nobody with a fistful of dollars.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #51
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

I have been reading through everyone's post and wow. This has taken a weird turn. But not bashing turn which is always good.

Anyway i feel you guy's concern with the madden franchise right now. But then again I don't see how we can come up with all these "theorys", speculations and conclusions. I do agree with some of you and others are just...lets say taking it to extreme. I do believe Madden 07 is going to be the year that will make or break this franchise we have grown to love. Think about it, you guys say from an engineer perspective that they should of or could of statements, but the truth is (like someone said before) maybe the way they treat the developers is how the game is produced. Talent wise we are not sure how they are but we can see from previous games though.

Honestly madden 06 is going to good. Even w/out the feats. it might make it up in gameplay. Sucks not having player editor but we can all sacrifice a few things here and there. But we should take this interview as a good sign that they understand what we as hardcore F-ball gamers want. Those questions in the interview are from the people on the message board. I usually post there two and i notice a few from here too. I mean those guys at MN are great and they are submitting things to EA for US. They know whats going to make and break this game next year. And if they don't deliver then I believe we shouldn't spend our money on this game and play a non nfl title. If they don't get the support from sites like these then it will show, NOT in 1 year or 2 but in the future. Thats my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 12:15 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Honestly madden 06 is going to good. Even w/out the feats. it might make it up in gameplay. then it will show, NOT in 1 year or 2 but in the future.
It’ll definitely look good, and if it plays an okay game of FB like Madden does now, then it’ll be worth it for some, maybe most. But I spend as much time editing and tweaking games as I do playing them, so for me it’s a no-go until the player editing is back in there.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #53
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
It’ll definitely look good, and if it plays an okay game of FB like Madden does now, then it’ll be worth it for some, maybe most. But I spend as much time editing and tweaking games as I do playing them, so for me it’s a no-go until the player editing is back in there.
you know i feel exactly how you feel. But this year of madden i play more online then i do offline. when i do play offline its usually against a friend or my bro, I use to spend the same amount of time editing and tweaking the game but since i play online i can't really use what i edited. Thats why i don't spend as much time as i use too. But it does piss me off that they taken player editing out, when i did play franchise i changed my players equipment b/c i want them to look good even when i lose. Well i can't help but buy this next-gen madden b/c its next-gen madden and i love f-ball and i can't help it but buy this game.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
So it sounds like next year we should have "gang/pile on tackles," challenges offline and hopefully online, most likely edit and create a player, more with WR and DB interaction, more work on playoff atmosphere, deeper playbooks, MAYBE a real time physics engine, does not have to be endorphin. Anyways, he basically has told us some of the things they are working on for next year already.
next year always next year

Last edited by Sully; 11-04-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:30 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Well i can't help but buy this next-gen madden b/c its next-gen madden and i love f-ball and i can't help it but buy this game.
Well I’m standing firm myself. Absolutely NO WAY I’m buying Madden… until I get an Xbox 360 first!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #56
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

For the most part, all I ever wanted out of current gen Madden is a graphical facelift and a decent presentation. It looks like my prayers have been answered with the 360 version so with that I'm appreciative. The gameplay has always been there, it just needed a cosmetic touch up.

One thing that disturbs me is the lack of features. I know, I'm probably the first guy to cry about EA gimmicks but its not like the gimmicks were bad to begin with. They just needed to be expanded upon. I dont know about many of yall but its hard for a game to keep my interest without a few out of game features. Franchise mode sounds promising with the stat tracking but what it needs is more variables. Variables found in the likes of practice mode or player development. Of course I want the ratings of the players to play out well but it could'nt hurt if a few out of game experiments played a role in my teams sucess. I guess I'm asking for to much for this years iteration. I expect 07 to be more indepth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »