Home

Where are the Refs??

This is a discussion on Where are the Refs?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Where are the Refs??

too lazy to dig it up but I read in a preview about how realistically the refs ran around doing their thing.

The bitching about this game is unbelievable and it's not even out yet.

I think I'm just gonna stay away from reading these boards for a while as it's getting ridiculous. I'm as a big a 2K guy as there is and I'm looking forward to Madden 360 this year.

Will it be perfect, no; but it will probably be fun until next year.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #10
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Not a personal attack by any means. I'm just trying to stat a fact that a few other people have mentioned on this board. Quit complaining about every little thing and wait until you actually play the game to complain. It may surprise you.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #11
Rookie

dvdguy's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, not to fuel the fire here but I just went back and watched the latest gameplay vids and the OP is correct... there are no refs on the field, and it doesn't look like there are any on the sidelines either. I saw no yard marker sticks or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #12
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
The crowd (all 3D) is amazing looking (even though no one seemed to be wearing any team jerseys or player numbers) and animate well. The refs patrol the field like they should and the players not on the field are on the sideline (generic model, but with the right numbers). Gone are all the cheerleaders though.
http://www.gamingexcellence.com/xbox.../preview.shtml

quick someone start a thread about the lack of Cheerleaders Next gen

Last edited by Klocker; 11-04-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Not a personal attack by any means. I'm just trying to stat a fact that a few other people have mentioned on this board. Quit complaining about every little thing and wait until you actually play the game to complain. It may surprise you.
Except you called our QUESTION pointless, and said we were crying about it. Neither of those are facts. They're your opinions, and they are insulting. The only fact in this thread is that there were no refs in the vids.

But it seems that if you are protecting Madden, you can say whatever you want to whoever you want. Good job mods!
Old 11-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #14
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
I hope the refs made it back in the game along with the team jerseys & numbers.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:18 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguy
Well, not to fuel the fire here but I just went back and watched the latest gameplay vids and the OP is correct... there are no refs on the field, and it doesn't look like there are any on the sidelines either. I saw no yard marker sticks or anything.
I don't see any one with the Sticks on the sidelines, either. That's really unusual if they left something like that out. I've got to believe they'll be in the final version of the game. Them, and the referees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2005, 11:24 AM   #16
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Maybe we are trying to make a purchase decision from these videos. Every think about that? Not everyone wants to shell out 65 bucks for a game, not like and only get 30 on trade in. For me, I have Madden paid for already but since I don't care for the current Madden engine and the 360 looks like a lot more of the same, only prettier, I think I may move the money to another launch game like Call of Duty 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »