Home

GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos

This is a discussion on GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #65
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos

This is bad...no refs on the field

how unrealistic is that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2005, 11:07 AM   #66
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Co Sign. I see tha same exact game I have for my Xbox with better graphics. EA was better off calling this a port. Ground up my a$$.
I agree. They just improved the graphics and left the gameplay the same.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 21

Good post, BigAnt. I read Strausser's interview the other day, where he talked about all kinds of new line play animations, but it still looks like the same "lock up and dance in place" animations to me. Disappointing.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #68
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

not if you watch the Wr video that just got put up, its on the forum here..
Old 11-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #69
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
whatever I will still buy this game, even if it is just a port with better graphics...

Why does everyone love to complain about madden, when 2K sports is doing the same thing with NBA2k6... This is the first of the next gen games, WTF were you expecting for them to re-invent the wheel or something...
The key difference there is that all the features of the Xbox version are intact on the 360 as well.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 8

I watched the packers video, looks like there's a ton of new animations for before and after plays, but not much for during play. The other thing is that I'm not sure how the new playcalling screen is going to work with in two player mode--looks similar to the old 2k playcalling interface that used to get ripped (in the fact that you point to the one play you want).

Taylor34
Old 11-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #71
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Good post, BigAnt. I read Strausser's interview the other day, where he talked about all kinds of new line play animations, but it still looks like the same "lock up and dance in place" animations to me. Disappointing.

Word. The interview had me optomistic. I still knew in the back of my mind somthing was a little fishy. Watching these videos I just havent seen anything new.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Please excuse me for not being a whiny, complaining baby, but I actually liked what I saw. The one example of Mario running (and there is only one, during another Willie Parker run, he simply slows down and kinda looks for some running room) certainly doesn't kill the game for me.

I think people are expecting way too much from EA. You expected them to add all these new things like gang tackling and so and so, yet, EA has had their final Xbox 360 development kits for less than 8 months. I don't care who is doing the development, you're not gonna create a perfect game (which seems to be what most people here are expecting), for a NEW CONSOLE, in less than a years time, especially a sports game.

Look at it this way. Has their ever been a launch day football game that has actually PLAYED well, in addition to looking great? Don't say NFL2K, that game was mediocre at best, and only got by on it's graphics and presentation. I think, considering all the circumstances, EA has done a fine job with Madden 06. Everyone complains about them leaving out certain features, but if you have read one of the 10 or so developer interviews, EA has always said their main focus was to get the gameplay and graphics right for launch day Madden 06, and if that meant sacrificing some modes, then so be it. And besides, how many REAL Madden fans actually played with the Superstar Mode? And the only redeeming quality of Owner Mode, in my opinion, was the Stadium Builder, and I can easily understand why EA didn't put this into Madden 06, the 34 stadiums that they already have look almost perfect.

Would you rather have Madden 06 for the Xbox 360, with Owner Mode, Superstar Mode, and all the other PS2 and Xbox features thrown in, but with slightly improved graphics and gameplay that screams "I'm first generation launch game!"? I wouldn't. Give me the sweet graphics and classic Madden gameplay, that's all I really care about.

Either way, I'll be playing this game on Day 1, and on Nov. 22nd, won't even care about what most of the people on this board think (most of whom only come here so they can read their own complaints and rip on EA, oddly, the same people who buy 4 or 5 EA games a year)
Co-Sign, every single word.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »