Home

30 frames per second

This is a discussion on 30 frames per second within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
30 frames per second

I just heard that the Madden 360 will be only 30 FPS. Is this true and if it is how will it compromise the game? Sorry if this is within a main thread, I'm just getting "re-situated" with online service.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: 30 frames per second

Its true...

in the gameplay videos..in all of them i cannot see slowdown or anything

i dont think it will be a big deal at all
Old 11-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 32

It's not a big deal at all. I don't even think the human eye can detect a noticeable difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. As long as it's a constant framerate, 30 should be fine.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
It's not a big deal at all. I don't even think the human eye can detect a noticeable difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. As long as it's a constant framerate, 30 should be fine.
The human eye can absolutely detect between 30-60. Watch the local news and it is at 60 interlaced frames/fields per second. Then watch a DVD of a major motion picture and it is 24fps. The news looks like real life and kinda a harsh reality. The movie looks more artisitc and surreal.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #5
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
The human eye can absolutely detect between 30-60. Watch the local news and it is at 60 interlaced frames/fields per second. Then watch a DVD of a major motion picture and it is 24fps. The news looks like real life and kinda a harsh reality. The movie looks more artisitc and surreal.

Doesnt matter though....if the frames stay at a constant 30 which it appears it does, no one will notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Doesnt matter though....if the frames stay at a constant 30 which it appears it does, no one will notice.
I agree it shouldn't matter much. But it will not look as much like real life. Real life whips by at infinite frames per second. 60fps is what usually looks like real life...like when you are watching a live football game. 30fps and 24fps is usually what you see on hilights on "Inside the NFL" and NFL films. 24fps gives a historic llok like you are watching something that happened in the past. 30 fps can give the same look but a little less drastic.

I don;t think it will be an issue but it may look a little odd.....not quite like real life live.

Oh well!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I agree it shouldn't matter much. But it will not look as much like real life. Real life whips by at infinite frames per second. 60fps is what usually looks like real life...like when you are watching a live football game. 30fps and 24fps is usually what you see on hilights on "Inside the NFL" and NFL films. 24fps gives a historic llok like you are watching something that happened in the past. 30 fps can give the same look but a little less drastic.

I don;t think it will be an issue but it may look a little odd.....not quite like real life live.

Oh well!
Actually the human eye only catches about 30 images per second.

That's why you notice the difference between 24 and 60. In fact, you only notice the difference between 24 and 30ish. Above that, you just won't know. But at 24 your eye notices.

Last edited by mercalnd; 11-06-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Actually the human eye only catches about 30 images per second.

That's why you notice the difference between 24 and 60. In fact, you only notice the difference between 24 and 30ish. Above that, you just won't know. But at 24 your eye notices.
I've got to disagree with you on that one. I don't know the science involved, but my eyes can definitely tell a big difference between MLB on the PS2 (which proudly runs at 60 fps) and any baseball (or other sports game, for that matter) that runs at 30 fps. If the human eye couldn't tell the difference, then why the hell would some of these companies work so hard to get it in their game? Try a game that runs at a true 60 fps some time. Trust me, you'll see the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »