Home

GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos

This is a discussion on GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos

Our copy of Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360 finally arrives, and we take a spin with next generation football. We've got quite a few widescreen movies for your enjoyment. After a number of games we chat with Xbox 360 Madden NFL 06 Senior Producer Jeremy Strauser about the leap to next generation, some of the changes to the franchise, and what it's like to scrap everything and start from scratch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1848.50031.htm

EDIT:theres 6 new video..an intro a look at the menus and 4 gameplay movies..

im gonna watch the gameplay movies ( alread saw menus/intro) and then read the interview

enjoy guys

EDIT: game looks great..but in the first 2 packers video theres no new tackle animations..lol

Last edited by Kevin26385; 11-04-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: GameInformer: Madden Interview + New Videos

Thanks for the link. Haven't had a chance to watch the videos yet, but personally, I was really disappointed to read this:

"The way that we work the presentation is we want it to be on field, giving you the sense that you’re playing, not watching a TV broadcast."

That's a design decision that I'm probably going to have to live with for the next 5 years. Man, that sucks.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Probably not..maybe they did this..get rid of madden announcing..having no graphics for presentation

Just to make madden 07 look that better because they have ESPN

maybe they have over the top presentation with ESPN and great announcing from some of the ESPN crew..i mean i wouldnt doubt it..

Good marketing though, make people down for one year and then bring them up..with a huge huge step

maybe im stupid..but i think the presentation will be amazing in 07, EA wouldnt of bought ESPN if they werent gonna use them

Also edit:

For some reason..ive watched all 4 videos, i saw tons of old tackles..but they looked alot better ( if there is a positive for old tackles..looked alot more fluid)

Graphics are insane, it looked like it was really snowing andi get the sense that it was cold in the steelers game, not to mention the grass/stadiums look incredible as always

AND:

, if you right click downloaad and save link as you can have them..i THINK they are a bigger version..they side widescreen movies and the ones on there site are very very small..so maybe if you download them there big

Ill tell you later, im DL them right now

Last edited by Kevin26385; 11-04-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

So far I've just seen the two Packer gameplay vids. I liked a lot of things. Thought the sounds on the field were great. The announcer, the PA announcer, the players talking trash and yelling at each other. VERY well done.

Now, I haven't played a Madden game since 2002 or so, but...looking at these videos...where's the running game? Honestly, it feels like it's set up to fail. On the draw play, the fullback didn't get out quick enough for Green, so Green is immediately dropped the the ground. But what's more odd, in the next play on the HB toss, Green gets the toss and, literally, has NO blockers out in front of him. It's an easy 3 yard loss. Immediately tackled.

I didn't like that at all. I don't want to get 60 yards every time I touch the ball...but come on. On toss plays, there should be blockers out there that you can follow...or maybe attempt to cut it back inside. Just something.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
GI: Looking back to the NFL draft as we camped out to see the trailer for next generation football game, what we’re seeing now isn’t exactly what we saw in the trailer. It was a trailer and we’re taking that into consideration, but back then we were told by Electronic Arts that the final product would look better than what we saw in that trailer. Now, with that said, the game does look really good, but what do you say to the people who believe the visuals aren’t on par with the visuals that you promised?

Strauser: It was a visual target. I think importantly, we hit the target on many, many fronts. I think on lighting, motion, player faces, on skin – if you go back to the skin that we had on that target video and look at the skin that ends up in game – we blew it away in game. Look at the player faces – we blew it away in game. You look at lighting, animation, how things happen in the game in terms of weather and the field, all that stuff. We didn’t get to the Gatorade bucket on the sideline, we didn’t get to the full-on Jumbo Tron, in-your-face replay stuff. There were probably places that we fell short, but overall we feel that we met or exceeded the visual target we set in a vast majority of the elements that we put out there.
Yeah, ok...

Quote:
Just like we did with Madden on the last generation, we didn’t start with everything that the previous generation had then, either. So we’re going to continue to add to this over the years and five, six years down the road like the current gen you’re going to see a tremendous wealth of features in the game.
Translation: So we're going to continue to add to this over the years and five, six years down the road we'll finally have everything back in there that we had this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #6
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
That's a design decision that I'm probably going to have to live with for the next 5 years. Man, that sucks.
I seriously doubt that. There is no way that EA paid "x" amount of dollars to ESPN not to use their presentation elements.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:50 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

the x amount was 800 million boys...they would not waste that trust me
Old 11-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

im on the fence.... i wont compare to the OTHER game, but lets say i miss some elements they have yet to incorproate.

graphics and lighting are amazing though!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »