Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame
 
JayBee74's Arena
 
OVR: 36
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gretna, Louisiana
Posts: 22,370
30 frames per second

I just heard that the Madden 360 will be only 30 FPS. Is this true and if it is how will it compromise the game? Sorry if this is within a main thread, I'm just getting "re-situated" with online service.
JayBee74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
EA Game Changer
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: May 2004
Re: 30 frames per second

Its true...

in the gameplay videos..in all of them i cannot see slowdown or anything

i dont think it will be a big deal at all
Kevin26385 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
All Star
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,753
Re: 30 frames per second

It's not a big deal at all. I don't even think the human eye can detect a noticeable difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. As long as it's a constant framerate, 30 should be fine.
TheLetterZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #4
MVP
 
icicle22's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canton, Ohio (Hall of Fame City)
Re: 30 frames per second

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
It's not a big deal at all. I don't even think the human eye can detect a noticeable difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. As long as it's a constant framerate, 30 should be fine.
The human eye can absolutely detect between 30-60. Watch the local news and it is at 60 interlaced frames/fields per second. Then watch a DVD of a major motion picture and it is 24fps. The news looks like real life and kinda a harsh reality. The movie looks more artisitc and surreal.
icicle22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
Pro
 
Badboy49er's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami , FL.
Posts: 896
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 30 frames per second

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
The human eye can absolutely detect between 30-60. Watch the local news and it is at 60 interlaced frames/fields per second. Then watch a DVD of a major motion picture and it is 24fps. The news looks like real life and kinda a harsh reality. The movie looks more artisitc and surreal.

Doesnt matter though....if the frames stay at a constant 30 which it appears it does, no one will notice.
Badboy49er is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
MVP
 
icicle22's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canton, Ohio (Hall of Fame City)
Re: 30 frames per second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Doesnt matter though....if the frames stay at a constant 30 which it appears it does, no one will notice.
I agree it shouldn't matter much. But it will not look as much like real life. Real life whips by at infinite frames per second. 60fps is what usually looks like real life...like when you are watching a live football game. 30fps and 24fps is usually what you see on hilights on "Inside the NFL" and NFL films. 24fps gives a historic llok like you are watching something that happened in the past. 30 fps can give the same look but a little less drastic.

I don;t think it will be an issue but it may look a little odd.....not quite like real life live.

Oh well!
icicle22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,043
Re: 30 frames per second

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I agree it shouldn't matter much. But it will not look as much like real life. Real life whips by at infinite frames per second. 60fps is what usually looks like real life...like when you are watching a live football game. 30fps and 24fps is usually what you see on hilights on "Inside the NFL" and NFL films. 24fps gives a historic llok like you are watching something that happened in the past. 30 fps can give the same look but a little less drastic.

I don;t think it will be an issue but it may look a little odd.....not quite like real life live.

Oh well!
Actually the human eye only catches about 30 images per second.

That's why you notice the difference between 24 and 60. In fact, you only notice the difference between 24 and 30ish. Above that, you just won't know. But at 24 your eye notices.

Last edited by mercalnd; 11-06-2005 at 11:21 AM.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
Banned
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: 30 frames per second

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Actually the human eye only catches about 30 images per second.

That's why you notice the difference between 24 and 60. In fact, you only notice the difference between 24 and 30ish. Above that, you just won't know. But at 24 your eye notices.
I've got to disagree with you on that one. I don't know the science involved, but my eyes can definitely tell a big difference between MLB on the PS2 (which proudly runs at 60 fps) and any baseball (or other sports game, for that matter) that runs at 30 fps. If the human eye couldn't tell the difference, then why the hell would some of these companies work so hard to get it in their game? Try a game that runs at a true 60 fps some time. Trust me, you'll see the difference.
GTheorenHobbes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Top -