Home

New Video (I hope)

This is a discussion on New Video (I hope) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2005, 01:56 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: New Video (I hope)

Thanks for the link. Just my opinion, but there's a lot of things in this video that Tiburon should be ashamed of. Starting with the presentation. Man, I don't think I could even sit through a whole game of that.

Again, I guess it's either got to be a design decision, or else that's the best that Tiburon can do. Just the way I see it.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #34
MVP

forensicd's Arena

That has to be a very old build or something, as the animations looked horrid. I cant imagine EA would release that (at least i hope not).
Old 11-08-2005, 07:34 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree. The kick off by the Steelers was horrible. Players seem to not move right. Sliding at high speed(lol). That jumbo tron was the worse I ever seen for a next gen game. That must be an old build. There will be a lot of ppl tearing in to this game come the 22nd. I still want to see it for myself, so it is a must buy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #36
All Star

Footage like this makes me wonder if Tiburon has ever truly watched a football game. The emotion displayed via cutscenes is sad, so horribly mechanical and forced. The graphics in the game are very good, but make the horrible animations stand out more. QB anims are particularly bad. Presentation screams "we didn't have time to do even our normal poor level of presentation". Granted we haven't seen much in terms of gameplay video, but some things are already pretty repetitive. Where's the Madden momentum of years past? Yuck.

On the plus side, the stadiums/crowds look great. Player models and graphics are very good. I like the new playcalling interface.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #37
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Looks pretty good to me. Anyone who still uses the "only 30 fps" arguement is completely deranged. I haven't seen even a hint of slowdown in any of the videos I have seen, and the action all moves at a realistic NFL speed, so I couldn't care less how many frames per second the game pushes. Just another term that is overused in todays "fanboy" culture of criticizing every little thing about a game.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I really don't like the reverse camera angles before the snap and extra point attempt. It looks cool at first but this is something I am going to be mashing buttons to skip when I actually play the game.

The game does look good. But I was hoping that it would not resemble Madden though. something completely different. like EA did when they went from Triple Play to MVP series.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #39
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Looks pretty good to me. Anyone who still uses the "only 30 fps" arguement is completely deranged. I haven't seen even a hint of slowdown in any of the videos I have seen, and the action all moves at a realistic NFL speed, so I couldn't care less how many frames per second the game pushes. Just another term that is overused in todays "fanboy" culture of criticizing every little thing about a game.
Well, you can't see suffering framerate while you're watching it on these videos. It's on your 480i tube that you notice it. Play a game of MLB 2K5, then play MLB 2006. The 30 FPS to 60 FPS look is a lot different. I just feel really bad that they have such a powerful system where they could make the graphics everything that ESPN NFL 2K5 was, and then some. That is, add anti-aliasing and 60 FPS.

Unfortunately, they only have one of the two.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #40
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

The QB facial close-up before every play is going to get annoying VERY fast. It should be shown a few times a game at most, not before every play.

And where are all the stat overlays? Replays?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »