Home

New Video (I hope)

This is a discussion on New Video (I hope) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: New Video (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Hey LBz...don't you think, though, that you should have more of a problem with the people who want to start flame wars rather than the people who bring up a topic--although maybe a sore one with a few here--in an intelligent way?

For example, if we are in here talking about Pepsi, and someone says, "Well, I like Pepsi, but I have this problem with it. Remember when you drink Coke...I love it when..." As long as someone uses a comparison in an intelligent, logical way, what's wrong with it? I would have more of an issue with the silly people who find the word "Coke" or "2K" so offensive that they have to start a large arguement over it.

But anyways...I was checking out some of the older videos...the ones with the Bengals/Steelers and Pack/Vikings. I thought the sack animations were especially well done as I look over it. But I do have this worry...anyone notice the large amounts of sacks going on in these video's? I'm not sure if that's due to people being new to the game and controls...or if the offensive line or maybe the way the game is programmed allows for your QB to get sacked a LOT. It's hard to tell, but figured I'd mention it since I haven't seen anyone bring it up.

I'm just trying to keep the peace man. I understand the comment and personally I agree with it what he said about player faces but it's just an explosion waiting to happen especially since it is posted in here The problem is the debate has gotta so far out of hand even though he probably didn't mean any harm in the statement it can still cause problems. I was not so much concerned with him but with the statement. He's probably a generous person, doesn't mean any harm, but the statement is the issue. There are people who only need that statement as an avenue. He's probably not one of those people, but don't feed the Bears
Old 11-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm just trying to keep the peace man. I understand the comment and personally I agree with it what he said about player faces but it's just an explosion waiting to happen especially since it is posted in here The problem is the debate has gotta so far out of hand even though he probably didn't mean any harm in the statement it can still cause problems. I was not so much concerned with him but with the statement. He's probably a generous person, doesn't mean any harm, but the statement is the issue. There are people who only need that statement as an avenue. He's probably not one of those people, but don't feed the Bears
LB is correct with his judgment. While it may not have been the original poster's intent. There are other members here that would take a comment like that, and run with it. We just ask that you be aware of what you're posting, and where you're posting it. It saves us all the headache in the end.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #59
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, this is getting a tad sick, picking about facemasks and cleat colors, haha, come on. Get off the Hatorade, hey moderator, is there anyway we can get a thread for people who want to talk about the game in a positive light, I am getting fed up with the same olf argument. But maybe thats just me, but people who realize this is a Madden area, stop getting upset if one blade of grass is longer than the other, or if a dude's facemask is totally correct. You guys need to see the movie 2 for the money, you are like al pacino's character. Its all about the gameplay baby!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
Man, this is getting a tad sick, picking about facemasks and cleat colors, haha, come on ... But maybe thats just me, but people who realize this is a Madden area, stop getting upset if one blade of grass is longer than the other, or if a dude's facemask is totally correct ... Its all about the gameplay baby!
I agree with this assessment. I, for one, has never been the type to pick on cleat colors, facemasks, sideline details, etc (although I do appreciate the authenticity when game developers go the extra mile.)

My biggest concern is that EA dropped the ball on the most important, most general aspects of the game: gameplay and animations.

For EA to put so much work into details such as stadium seats and scoreboards and so little into gameplay and animations, it makes me fear that they think their gameplay engine is already sufficient for next-gen. It's either that or they're worried of alienating die-hard Madden fans who are so die-hard, that they can't play a game that doesn't feel like older Maddens.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmac1016

Hate to be picky.....but Eli wears a different facemask and the Giants wear black cleats.....
Lord have mercy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
Man, this is getting a tad sick, picking about facemasks and cleat colors, haha, come on. Get off the Hatorade, hey moderator, is there anyway we can get a thread for people who want to talk about the game in a positive light, I am getting fed up with the same olf argument. But maybe thats just me, but people who realize this is a Madden area, stop getting upset if one blade of grass is longer than the other, or if a dude's facemask is totally correct. You guys need to see the movie 2 for the money, you are like al pacino's character. Its all about the gameplay baby!
To be honest, picking about facemasks and cleat colors is a common complaint every year when football developers and now one developer release screenshots. Given the situation we are in now it MIGHT be hatorade but then again it could simply be the common complaints people have had on a yearly basis.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #63
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Hey LBz...Sully...I totally get you guys. It's fine. I was just thinking that, if people have a problem and as you said, all they need is that avenue to start a flame war, then why not just ban these specific people so the rest of us can all get along even when "certain words" are brought up. I figure why does the majority have to walk on egg shells just for a few individuals.

But it's cool. I think I see where you are coming from.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #64
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Oh yeah...back to what I originally posted...I never played Madden 06'...were QB's getting sacked a lot a problem with the game this year? I actually like these videos--for the most part at least--but I am just seeing a ton of sacks. I'm not sure if it's kind of programmed that way or if it's an offensive lineman glitch or just simply because the gamer isn't used to the game/controls yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »