Home

Madden 360 negativity

This is a discussion on Madden 360 negativity within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden 360 negativity

With the 360 launch coming closer i've been frequenting this board often just don't post much.

What confuses me is why is Madden 360 enduring so much criticism??? THE GAME LOOKS INCREDIBLE! I don't know what more we can ask for. I know come the 22nd when i'm playing this game my jaw will be on the floor. What more of a videogame can I ask than that? It's about being entertained, but in the end it's just a game.

I just feel like the constant slamming of Madden has no substance behind it. You nitpick about videos that play on a 3 inch screen. "Oh look at that same animation from 2 years ago, or mario running etc etc....." It almost feels like some have an alterior motive because it seems like you hate it sooo much. What that could be I have no idea because again, it's just a videogame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 360 negativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
With the 360 launch coming closer i've been frequenting this board often just don't post much.

What confuses me is why is Madden 360 enduring so much criticism??? THE GAME LOOKS INCREDIBLE! I don't know what more we can ask for. I know come the 22nd when i'm playing this game my jaw will be on the floor. What more of a videogame can I ask than that? It's about being entertained, but in the end it's just a game.

I just feel like the constant slamming of Madden has no substance behind it. You nitpick about videos that play on a 3 inch screen. "Oh look at that same animation from 2 years ago, or mario running etc etc....." It almost feels like some have an alterior motive because it seems like you hate it sooo much. What that could be I have no idea because again, it's just a videogame.
I agree 100%. The game looks amazing, the writeups are good. I really liked the Xbox version and I think I will love the 306 version. I don't see any mario running in this from all the vidoes I've seen and the graphics are amazing, so with the gameplay of the Xbox version (even if it's not at all improved) I'll be in heaven.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

people are just never satisfied thats all it is, For me I can't wait
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 11-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

ehh. its kinda like being told one thing, waiting happily for months on end, only to find out, what was said isn't totally true... it's not that its a heartbroken moment, its just disappointing. and the forums are a place, where it at least seems, most can relate to those tribulations in a common space.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

My only criticism is the fact the engine is basically the exact same design, just updated. I still can't believe they failed to put gang tackles into the next gen version....not even their semi-gang tackles they've had since Madden 2003. It's just amazing. I'm not saying that will make or break a game, it just proves to me they've made very minimal strides in their engine, and anyone who thinks EA will drastically change this engine is defying logic based on their past 5 years.

Last edited by Nza; 11-09-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Thats why for the most part I have been staying away from the Madden forums. There is just to much negativity. I just want to play the game and see for myself how it is compared to everyones opinion who haven't even picked up a 360 joystick yet.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

You are 100% correct. I am begining to get sick of these people complaing about the game. I think it will look and play great and only get better in years to come!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

What I can't believe is how many people get their feelings hurt when someone doesn't like certain things about a game said people are looking forward to.

We all have the same info to go on. Their criticism is as justified as your excitement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »