Home

New IGN Madden 360 Videos

This is a discussion on New IGN Madden 360 Videos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #73
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: New IGN Madden 360 Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Sliders isn't the point. It's that it was built "From the ground up" and yet it STILL has the basic flaws that current gen has. The blocking is the exact same as is pretty much the whole gameplay from what I've seen. Sliders won't add better blocking techniques or take away mario running etc..
It's not about sliders but rather about again packaging the same game and saying it's new.
I agree with your above statements. This is what upsets me about EA... saying that it's all been "built from the ground up"... yet much of what we've seen in the gameplay videos look incredibly the same as current gen.... a re-packaging with improved graphics.

I saw what people have complained about with the replays starting too early. Especially in Gamplay Video #6 - very sloppy work. It's bothersome, but not a game killer. To me (and this is a personal peave), it's sort of like the old (and still current) problem of when a player breaks the goal line and the animation just stops immediately. That bugs the heck out of me.... but doesn't kill the game. The good thing about the replays is that I haven't seen the stupid three screen replay, etc. These replays are better presented, IMO.

That being said, I'm still impressed enough to pick this game up. It's actually what I've wanted... Madden/NCAA gameplay with improved graphics. I haven't really got into Madden for a while, because the gameplay felt stale to me when compared to the NCAA series. For whatever reason, the NCAA games have just been more fun to me. Unfortunately, I didn't pre-order the XBOX360 nor Madden, so I'll probably have to wait awhile which may be a good thing. I'll be able to hear what some of the gamers have to say after getting the actual game in-hand.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #74
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Wow, amazing how someone can describe the entire running game after only seeing 90 seconds of video. Have you played this game yet? Oh, you haven't? Then how do you know the entire game basically plays the same as current gen Madden? I guess seeing low res, minute long videos, without the knowledge of what difficulty it was played on, means you have pretty much played the game from top to bottom, and can now make decisions on how the game plays? Oh yeah, because around here, it's commonplace for assumptions to be made, and then idiodically "co-signed" (who came up with that stupid, overused message board term?) by people who seemingly can't wait for this game to fail, simply so they can come here and post a long, "I told you so" rant that nobody but themselves and 4 other bored forumites will actually read.

I know I said I will never post in this forum again but.....I lied.

Anyway, for the ones who tell ppl not to pass judgment on a few dozen videos. I just gotta say how can you not pass judgment. This is'nt some new game that no one has ever played before. This is Madden!! Its been stated numerous times that the game still feels like the current gen counterpart and thats nothing new, the current gen still feels like the same game I played on PS1...on down to Genesis/SNES. If it looks like Madden and smells like Madden, then it is Madden. You dont need to actually sit down and play the game to figure out that this game will more than likely play....like Madden. Whenever I look at each vid, the very first thing that comes into my head when the action starts is that this is Madden. No if, ands or buts about it.

The only things left to be curious about is will the stats be accurate of the NFL. Will the game be tougher on higher levels? Is the cheat logic still there? Will it be fun? Of course it'll be fun, its Madden! I only needed 10 seconds of gameplay footage to figure that one out. This game has been pretty much the same for the last 10 iterations so how can one not judge the game based off these vids. It would be diffrent if this was some entirely new football game from a diffrent developer but this is EA sports and Madden. I dont know about you but I can certainly look at these vids and come up with a buying decision.

Also, I thought that vids were the clear cut choice of information to pass judgement on. Its not like a preview were you have to imagine what a person is describing, a screenshot that captures a single image or even a review or Q&A. The proof is right, smack dab in your face with pure gameplay footage. Not a teaser trailer, gameplay footage. I should'nt have to go out and buy a game, spend time with it before I dismiss it. If I dont like what I see from jump, I wont buy it. Whenever I look at vids from any game, a vid is all that is required for me to know if I wont like it or not. And where do ppl get this "1 minute and 30 second clip" BS from. There are dozens of gameplay vids out there. Probably equaling something more like 30 minutes worth. You guys are killing me. If you cant take the critizism, hows about you agree or disagree. Telling ppl they cant pass judgment based off what they've seen with they're own 2 eyes and on top of it, a Madden game, is pretty nuts.

*We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming*
Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 PM   #75
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont have a long explanation to give but I'll say I'm not impressed too much by this game at all. I'll still probably get it just because I'm jonesing for a football game with a new look.

Which is all EA is banking on anyway. People like me who have no other options. :- (
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #76
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Looks good, I'm getting it.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:13 PM   #77
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I know I said I will never post in this forum again but.....I lied.

Anyway, for the ones who tell ppl not to pass judgment on a few dozen videos. I just gotta say how can you not pass judgment. This is'nt some new game that no one has ever played before. This is Madden!! Its been stated numerous times that the game still feels like the current gen counterpart and thats nothing new, the current gen still feels like the same game I played on PS1...on down to Genesis/SNES. If it looks like Madden and smells like Madden, then it is Madden. You dont need to actually sit down and play the game to figure out that this game will more than likely play....like Madden. Whenever I look at each vid, the very first thing that comes into my head when the action starts is that this is Madden. No if, ands or buts about it.

The only things left to be curious about is will the stats be accurate of the NFL. Will the game be tougher on higher levels? Is the cheat logic still there? Will it be fun? Of course it'll be fun, its Madden! I only needed 10 seconds of gameplay footage to figure that one out. This game has been pretty much the same for the last 10 iterations so how can one not judge the game based off these vids. It would be diffrent if this was some entirely new football game from a diffrent developer but this is EA sports and Madden. I dont know about you but I can certainly look at these vids and come up with a buying decision.

Also, I thought that vids were the clear cut choice of information to pass judgement on. Its not like a preview were you have to imagine what a person is describing, a screenshot that captures a single image or even a review or Q&A. The proof is right, smack dab in your face with pure gameplay footage. Not a teaser trailer, gameplay footage. I should'nt have to go out and buy a game, spend time with it before I dismiss it. If I dont like what I see from jump, I wont buy it. Whenever I look at vids from any game, a vid is all that is required for me to know if I wont like it or not. And where do ppl get this "1 minute and 30 second clip" BS from. There are dozens of gameplay vids out there. Probably equaling something more like 30 minutes worth. You guys are killing me. If you cant take the critizism, hows about you agree or disagree. Telling ppl they cant pass judgment based off what they've seen with they're own 2 eyes and on top of it, a Madden game, is pretty nuts.

I share with some of your concerns. But the thing is the M06 is by far the best one out of the whole series. (except for special teams). If they make this gameplay better than what we have now at home, I know I will be happy. Ppl need to realize that these debates are getting old. Right now we can basically put together how it plays out. I am a little dissapointed but at the same time I am not. I know most of you guys prolly only rent this title, well go right ahead thats fine. But also to all of this negativity is getting boring and tiresome. At least we can say its a good starting point. They finally got the "face lift" this series needed. Like I said before in my other post, Next year is this series do or die year. The arguments right now are getting to redundant and I don't understand why b/c this game is coming out in a couple of weeks and it seems we understand how its going to play. So why argue to a point were you are attacking one another.

Honestly M360 is going to be great IMO. The only way we can go on is to look at whats in the future for us. We all know now what to expect and what not to. So lets leave it at that.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #78
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I dont have a long explanation to give but I'll say I'm not impressed too much by this game at all. I'll still probably get it just because I'm jonesing for a football game with a new look.

Which is all EA is banking on anyway. People like me who have no other options. :- (
I am in the same boat you are. I wish there were 4 F-ball games coming out, 1 from EA, 1 from TT, 1 from Microsoft, 1 from 989 sports. I would buy all of those b/c I love F-ball and even though its the same teams all those games bring something different to the table.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #79
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

The facelift in a game shouldnt matter overall. They still look like the same old aniamtions models, just higher res. Im not buying that. Also, this years current gen is not the best madden, it stinks of cheating ai on defense, no punt returns, and running game is horrid. If thats the best of the series, we have some trouble. I have played every madden since its existence, and yes, over the years it has improved, but they keep leaving in the issues that make the game laughable at times. That is my gripe with this years 360 version. Granted we only get so many gameplay vids, but add them up and we have a whole bunch of gameplay to watch. They keep doing the things that have kept this series from being one of the best sports games aorund. If I build a car, and i know that the front fender is rubbing against my tires, when i rebuild it, i make adjustments so that doesnt happen again. How can madden not do this? How can they possible put in mario running again if they built this all over again. They have said they didnt use anything from old version, nothing, completely built from ground up, no old code, nothing. IF thats the case, why would see these issues keep coming up? Granted, i have yet to play the game, but we have seen enough to know that these same issues still exist.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...71/vids_1.html

new videos
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »