Home

New IGN Madden 360 Videos

This is a discussion on New IGN Madden 360 Videos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #129
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: New IGN Madden 360 Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondiehl
I'll preface this post by stating that I'm a huge Madden fan, and have owned every version since the original... even when Sega football was building up steam in the past few years, I still preferred Madden, by a large margin. HOWEVER:

Watching the new gameplay video clips from today (11/11/05) and I can see that the the gameplay (and AI) is the same old, same old, if not a huge step backward and I'm starting to get worried.

Check out new gameplay video #1 first, the long one (16.5MB):

play #1, a 5yd WR out pattern that leaves the Giant's CB completely in the dust. He backpedals to the numbers and lets the WR run his pattern a good 5-10yds away from him without reacting for an easy 6yd gain.

play #3, the play that Vick is injured (a HB screen to the right), the MLB is in man coverage and correctly strafes over to the right to follow Dunn and is in perfect position. However, the MLB just stands, 2yds away from Dunn as the pass is thrown (1:09 mark in the video)... when he could have given him a nice hit at the moment of the catch for either an incompletion or tackle for a loss. Instead, he doesn't even inch towards him and actually starts to backpedal slightly when the completion is made. As Dunn breaks toward the outside, seemingly reaching full speed instantly (another thing I'm not liking in these videos, there seems to be zero momentum, kinda NFL 2k esque), the MLB doesn't turn to run with him towards the sideline and instead just runs into the blocker to the left that shouldn't have been able to lock him up like that.

Don't even get me started on Schauwb's first pass after the Vick injury, a 50yd strike over the top to a double covered 5th string (#89 Dez White) WR into the endzone? On the small replay screen, before the PAT and end of the video, you can see the WR and CB make contact around the 30yd line when he makes his cut to the post and the animation kinda hichups a bit until it runs free. This is a 5th year WR with only 11 career TDs, he should not be able to run past the starting CB and safety so easily. The safety doesn't even start to run with the WR to help out on the obvious long pass pattern until there's no chance for him to catch up.

In another video (#2), Barber runs one to the right, but up the middle, and there wasn't a defender in sight. 30yds untouched.

The other (#3) has Vick rolling out to the right for a 22yd TD on a PA QB bootleg cheese play. Notice the Giants's safety on the play, runs along the 15yd line the entire time, not taking an angle to get to Vick.

I assuming that this was on rookie mode as it looked extremely arcadish.

What really bothers me in all of these videos is the damn camera angle too. It's too low, and too zoomed in. It's widescreen, hopefully they'll have more of a "classic" angle that will show our WR's at the line, pre-snap, which is what most of us HDTV owners are used to.

With all of that said, I'll still be buying Madden on launch day, I'm a Madden sucker. I had just had my expectations a bit higher.

Your concern is shared by myself and ZXLT. In all of the vids thus far, where is the DEFENSE? That's the question. On a few plays it appears the defense is in the game, but they make the play illogically. But I'm not going to go into it. Mine is paid for it and I just want to play it and see.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Your concern is shared by myself and ZXLT. In all of the vids thus far, where is the DEFENSE? That's the question. On a few plays it appears the defense is in the game, but they make the play illogically. But I'm not going to go into it. Mine is paid for it and I just want to play it and see.
No one knows what level of difficulty these games were played in....more than likely it's just Pro like it normally is when sites preview these games and grab vids. I'll wait and see how the AI acts once it's bumped to All-Pro or All-Madden. I was happy to see a defensive pass interference call on default sliders (would be my guess) however.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
No one knows what level of difficulty these games were played in....more than likely it's just Pro like it normally is when sites preview these games and grab vids. I'll wait and see how the AI acts once it's bumped to All-Pro or All-Madden. I was happy to see a defensive pass interference call on default sliders (would be my guess) however.
I hope the difficulty level is low because the WR are wide open on every vid.
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #132
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Disappointed cause I wanted to want this game but it looks like garbage to me. Maybe HD videos would be nice, but it looks like it hasn't changed too much. Maybe it's because I'm not a big football fan, but I know what I like. Just don't like that joint.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:06 AM   #133
MVP

OVR: 8

god, i just watched the ign masterbit HD video, and it looks like garbage. i cant believe they would put this crap out.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 AM   #134
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Can you tell me where you are getting a recharge kit and a couple of controllers for $59.99 so I can get in on that action?

Recharge kit paid in full and roughly 20.00 a piece put on 2 controllers for reserve.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:09 AM   #135
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
I agree w/ StoryBook... I'm not too worried about the computer AI yet, because if history about the vids coming from IGN tell us anything, these vids were taken from games that were more than likely played on PRO (default).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2005, 02:58 AM   #136
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

If I do purchase a 360,I won't pick up Madden,it looks like nothing more than a port,it's nice visually but it didn't wow me like,Gear's of War did and Elder Scrolls,those are system salers to me.I saw a lot in those videos I didn't like but I'm not gonna complain,I realize it's a new system it takes time to learn what all you can do.With that being said I'm expecting Madden to be incredible when 07 releases,no more excuses EA,you'll have more than enough time and more than enough power to produce the greatest football game to date.I'm expecting multiple animation gang tackles,weekly wrapups(better than what ESPN 2K5 did),a presentation on par with a real NFL broadcast,better commentary,switching to other game to show a game winning FG/TD etc...,improved Superbowl presentation,I could go on but you get the point,I hope EA pulls through ,but can't help but to be a little skeptical.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »