Home

Where are the refs?

This is a discussion on Where are the refs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

dvdguy's Arena

OVR: 1
Where are the refs?

In every gameplay video I've seen for the 360, the only time you see a referee is during cut scenes. There are no refs on the field or on the sidelines during actual gameplay.

Last edited by dvdguy; 11-12-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Where are the refs?

I guess along with many other dissapoiting things about Madden 360,that's something EA will add next year.( I guess)
Old 11-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I don't think I've seen a chain gang on the sidelines, either, the guys that hold the sticks. Hopefully Tiburon can add both of these next year.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

It is a bummer that there aren't any refs or chain gang. Since it doesn't affect the gameplay it's not THAT big of a deal. They should be there though, considering it is 2005 and all.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #5
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Stanley
It is a bummer that there aren't any refs or chain gang. Since it doesn't affect the gameplay it's not THAT big of a deal. They should be there though, considering it is 2005 and all.
Though it doesn't seem like a big deal it really is. NO it's not a game killer but it brings alot to the presentation. I don't know why refs aren't involved. To me it's not right. It wouldn't stop me from buying the game if I could but I think it's the point....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Though it doesn't seem like a big deal it really is. NO it's not a game killer but it brings alot to the presentation. I don't know why refs aren't involved. To me it's not right. It wouldn't stop me from buying the game if I could but I think it's the point....
It kind of annoys me too actually...

They couldn't take the extra time to stick some refs on the sidelines and on the field? Those are the silly little things that should just be there, and HAVE been in basically every football game for who knows how long. I can understand when the running game isn't perfect, or the blocking is a little off, since that stuff takes more time to perfect, but to not even get the small things in there that are just expected is a little weird to me...

Last edited by DickDalewood; 11-12-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
They couldn't take the extra time to stick some refs on the sidelines and on the field? ...to not even get the small things in there that are just expected is a little weird to me...
It’s called “rushing the game into production, bugs, glitches, shortcomings and all”. It’s yet another thing EA borrowed from the 2K series
Old 11-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 14

On their own the missing refs are not a major issue and if the gameplay is awesome it won't matter. If the gameplay isn't awesome, then these missing elements of the game start to pile up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »