Home

Disguising plays?

This is a discussion on Disguising plays? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon2 Disguising plays?

I can't help but wonder after looking at all the in game footage from IGN and others, how do you disguise your play so that your opponent doesn't know what your picking? < When playing head to head........ As most of us are long familiar with "L" for the play on top and "R" for the play on bottom, this wouldn't work with the next gen version of Madden. If anyone know of anything pertainig to this please enlighten me................thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Disguising plays?

That's what I am deathly afraid of with Madden 360. No one has said anything at all about this, and it is a total game killer with no remedy. Trying to find guys who don't look or slashing your formations down to a couple is so incredibly stupid that I can't stand the idea of it even. It has to be fixed........please
Old 11-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
Dungeoneer

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If I remember correctly from a screenshot, there's a "bluff playcall" function in the game. I presume it would work either like it worked in NFL2K2 or in Madden 97.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrim
I can't help but wonder after looking at all the in game footage from IGN and others, how do you disguise your play so that your opponent doesn't know what your picking? < When playing head to head........ As most of us are long familiar with "L" for the play on top and "R" for the play on bottom, this wouldn't work with the next gen version of Madden. If anyone know of anything pertainig to this please enlighten me................thank you
Wondering the same thing...I'd rather have the old method.
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 11-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

maybe it'll be done like the old 2k "point & aim" play calling system. Hold the button down over the play you want, but the window stays up until you release the button. This way, you can either press and release over the play you want, or press over the play you want, and then release over the play you want to bluff on.

Go Badgers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
maybe it'll be done like the old 2k "point & aim" play calling system. Hold the button down over the play you want, but the window stays up until you release the button. This way, you can either press and release over the play you want, or press over the play you want, and then release over the play you want to bluff on.
I was hoping this is the method they were going to implement. If I can recall correctly the Fever series used this.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

it will be like it is now for multiplayer probably.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »