Home

Define "built from the ground up."

This is a discussion on Define "built from the ground up." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: Define "built from the ground up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVICK
I agree. Does anyone else feel this way. I somehow feel slighted by having to see any of the current gen animations in a next gen game. Im glad they added new ones but I wouldve preferred that they completely scrapped the old animations..reminace..remember the days when the old animations would wow us..put them to rest and then move on to the future..to the next generation in gaming..but to bring animations from 2000 forward..I dunno. It just doesnt sit right with me.
They just couldn't do that with this game. They did not have the time to get this game ready for the 360 launch date. I do believe to claim that the game is completely overhauled is bogus. In my opinion, there won't be a game at launch that will take advantage of this system's power. All the more reason to wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2005, 11:10 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

no more "not enough time" excuses. they have resources (money and people) out the ***. they had plenty of time to get things done. I'm not dissapointed with the outcome- I'm not sure if that speaks more for their good job, or my low expectations- of course it will be better in the future (eventually at leas) but it seems to be more finished than the hoops titles among others.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
They just couldn't do that with this game. They did not have the time to get this game ready for the 360 launch date. I do believe to claim that the game is completely overhauled is bogus. In my opinion, there won't be a game at launch that will take advantage of this system's power. All the more reason to wait.

COD2 and PGR3 both drip next gen but I'm sure you're right that even these games don't use the full power just as no 1st version game for any new system will initially use the full power of the system.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
In my opinion, there won't be a game at launch that will take advantage of this system's power. All the more reason to wait.
I agree. Waiting for the second set of games and maybe a price drop when the PS3 hits or even picking up a PS3 is a good strategy. Especially when I can't justify the money to buy one right now. My only fear is walking into an EB and seeing a playable Madden and wanting to buy one on the spot. That's what happened to me after seeing Madden on the PS2 and I couldn't even buy one until December because of the shortage. I was hounding Walmart like a fiend lol.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #29

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. Waiting for the second set of games and maybe a price drop when the PS3 hits or even picking up a PS3 is a good strategy. Especially when I can't justify the money to buy one right now. My only fear is walking into an EB and seeing a playable Madden and wanting to buy one on the spot. That's what happened to me after seeing Madden on the PS2 and I couldn't even buy one until December because of the shortage. I was hounding Walmart like a fiend lol.
I did that with the Xbox. I got it on launch day and that was a mistake. I learned my lesson and am patiently waiting until the right time (the right time for me). I will not be going the way of PS3 simply because I really like what Xbox Live is.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

I saw the pic of Hines Ward on back of game--looks pretty real to me-likeness awesome. Im just hoping there are lots of animations, a pocket for passing and better running game and of course better audio.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »