Home

IGN 360 review UP: 11/15/05

This is a discussion on IGN 360 review UP: 11/15/05 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2005, 02:54 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
IGN 360 review UP: 11/15/05

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666658p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2005, 03:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: IGN 360 review UP: 11/15/05

And a profoundly uninformative review it is. I'm not sure I can find any information that wasn't available two months ago from previews. The game looks great. The game sounds great. Some features are out. IGN likes minicamps. I think that pretty much sums it up.

I will cut major reviewers a bit of slack on these 360 reviews, though, as they are implying that the gameplay is functionally identical in these sports games. Fair enough. Madden '06 played an excellent game of football, so I'm comfortable with that.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

An 8 out of 10.

About what I expected from EA on this first attempt at Next Gen. Sounds promising. Can't wait.

Of course EA's first effort on the PS2 gained a 9 out of 10, so maybe EA is losing a step.

Last edited by NCHelix; 11-15-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why does he insist on complaining about the Challenge system when all no challenges means is that the game just gets it right so you don't have to police it? That is much better than some lame AI decision to botch a call and make you use challenges. They are never implemented correctly in video games. I guarentee that anyone associated with the NFL would throw the challenge system away tomorrow in exchange for the refs ALWAYS getting it right.

As for mini camp: BFD.

Oh no! owner mode is gone. Nothing adds gameplay to your sports game like setting hotdog prices.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Everything mention is what we read in previews, but what else can he talk about except maybe tackle animations. With the game being stripped there isn't much to talk about. I am still getting this game, so like you guys we can make our own judgement. If you think about we kind of get 2 football games from the same company. I think next year is when the o wows and the o my god thats amazing will really start to come out of our mouths. This a new hardware, so its gonna take time for it to be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 AM   #6
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
Why does he insist on complaining about the Challenge system when all no challenges means is that the game just gets it right so you don't have to police it? That is much better than some lame AI decision to botch a call and make you use challenges. They are never implemented correctly in video games. I guarentee that anyone associated with the NFL would throw the challenge system away tomorrow in exchange for the refs ALWAYS getting it right.

As for mini camp: BFD.

Oh no! owner mode is gone. Nothing adds gameplay to your sports game like setting hotdog prices.
Yeah I bet thats why he gave it an 8... I could care less about the things that were left out... I never used them in the Current Gen anyways...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:50 AM   #7
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Yep, nothing really new was explored there. It seemed like a basic outline of what we already know about Madden.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
Yep, nothing really new was explored there. It seemed like a basic outline of what we already know about Madden.

it seemed like that for a reason, many of the paragraphs were complete word for word copies from preview articles on their site. Lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »